1381 1382 1383 - 1384 - 1385 1386 1387
| Decades: |
1350s 1360s 1370s - 1380s - 1390s 1400s 1410s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1384 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1384 |
|Ab urbe condita||2137|
|Armenian calendar|| 833 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-460 – -459|
|Coptic calendar||1100 – 1101|
|Ethiopian calendar||1376 – 1377|
|Hebrew calendar||5144 – 5145|
|- Vikram Samvat||1439 – 1440|
|- Shaka Samvat||1306 – 1307|
|- Kali Yuga||4485 – 4486|
|Iranian calendar||762 – 763|
|Islamic calendar||785 – 786|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2044|
|Thai solar calendar||1927|
- May / September 3 - Siege of Lisbon by the Castilian army, during the 1383-1385 Crisis.
- The Nasrid princes of Granada replace Abu al-Abbas with Abu Faris Musa ibn Faris as ruler of the Marinid dynasty in present day Morocco.
- Zain Al-Abidin succeeds his father, Shah Shuja, as ruler of the Muzaffarids in central Persia.
- Shortly before his death, John Wycliffe sends out tracts against Pope Urban VI who had not turned out to be the reformist Wycliffe had hoped.
- Jadwiga is crowned "King" of Poland after the death of her father, King Louis, in 1382.
- Qara Muhammad succeeds Bairam Khawaja as ruler of the Turkomans of the Black Sheep Empire in present day Armenia and northern Iraq.
- Timur conquers northern territories of the Jalayirid Empire in western Persia.
- Katharine Lady Berkeley's School is founded in Gloucestershire, England.
- January 30 - Louis II of Flanders (b. 1330)
- June 8 - Kanami, Japanese actor and playwright (born 1333)
- August 20 - Geert Groote, Dutch founder of the Brethren of the Common Life (born 1340)
- September 20 - Titular King Louis I of Naples (b. 1339)
- December 31 - John Wycliffe, English theologian, Bible translator and Catholic reform campaigner.
- Joanna of Dreux, Countess of Penthievre and nominal Duchess of Brittany (born 1319)
- John of Fordun, Scottish chronicler
- Lubart, King of Galicia
- Peter of Enghien, Count of Lecce
- Ruaidri mac Tairdelbach Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1384. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1384 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1384
6 children were born to the 4 women born in 1384
14 people died in 1384
767 people lived in 1384
Events of the year 1384 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1384.
There were 0 military battles in 1384.