1383 1384 1385 - 1386 - 1387 1388 1389
| Decades: |
1350s 1360s 1370s - 1380s - 1390s 1400s 1410s
| Centuries: |
13th century - 14th century - 15th century
|1386 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Gregorian calendar|| 1386 |
|Ab urbe condita||2139|
|Armenian calendar|| 835 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-458 – -457|
|Coptic calendar||1102 – 1103|
|Ethiopian calendar||1378 – 1379|
|Hebrew calendar||5146 – 5147|
|- Vikram Samvat||1441 – 1442|
|- Shaka Samvat||1308 – 1309|
|- Kali Yuga||4487 – 4488|
|Iranian calendar||764 – 765|
|Islamic calendar||787 – 788|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2046|
|Thai solar calendar||1929|
- Elizabeta Kotromanic, the mother of the overthrown Queen Mary of Hungary and Croatia, arranges the assassination of Charles of Durazzo, the ruler of Hungary, Naples, Achaea and Croatia.
- July 9 - Battle of Sempach: The Swiss safeguard independence from Habsburg rule.
- Queen Jadwiga of Poland marries Grand Duke Jagiello of Lithuania, unifying their two countries.
- Abu al-Abbas is reinstated as ruler of the Marinid dynasty in present day Morocco.
- John of Gaunt leaves England to make good his claim to the throne of Castile by right of his second marriage to Constanza of Castile in 1371.
- The Timurid Empire raids Georgia and takes King Bagrat V prisoner. Bagrat is subsequently freed by an army led by his son, George.
- Hundred Years War - Battle of Margate: The English defeat an invading French and Castilian naval force.
- Dan I of Wallachia (now southern Romania) is killed in battle against the Bulgarians and is succeeded by Mircea the Old.
- May 9 - King John I of Portugal and King Richard II of England ratified the Treaty of Windsor.
- May 20 - First mention of the city of Piteşti, now in Romania.
- Founding of Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg, the oldest university in Germany.
- The Venetians take control of the island of Corfu.
- The Brancacci Chapel begins to be built in Florence.
- Rozhdestvensky monastery is built in Muscovy.
- March 12 - Ashikaga Yoshimochi, Japanese shogun (died 1428)
- June 24 - Giovanni da Capistrano, Italian saint (died 1456)
- Donatello, Italian artist (died 1466)
- Niccolò Piccinino, Italian mercenary (died 1444)
- July 9 - Duke Leopold III of Austria (killed in battle) (born 1351)
- James Audley, English knight
- William Langland, English poet (born 1332)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1386. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1386 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1386
8 children were born to the 5 women born in 1386
19 people died in 1386
790 people lived in 1386
Events of the year 1386 at FamilypediaEdit
17 people were married in 1386.
There were 1 military battles in 1386.
|Battle of Sempach||9 July 1386 JL|