Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||13th century - 14th century - 15th century|
|Decades:|| 1360s 1370s 1380s - 1390s - 1400s 1410s 1420s
|Years:||1391 1392 1393 - 1394 - 1395 1396 1397|
|1394 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1394Edit
- September 17 - King Charles VI of France orders the expulsion of all Jews from France.
- September 28 - Anti-Pope Benedict XIII succeeds Anti-Pope Clement VII.
- Battle of Karanovasa - Wallachia (now southern Romania) resists an invasion by the Ottomans and their Serb and Bulgarian vassals.
- The Ottomans begin an eight-year siege of Constantinople in the Byzantine Empire.
- The Anadoluhisarı fortress is built by the Ottomans to defend themselves during the siege.
- Ashikaga Yoshimitsu retires as shogun of Japan and is succeeded by his son, Ashikaga Yoshimochi.
- The capital city of the Joseon Dynasty in present-day Korea is moved from Gaegyeong (now Gaeseong) to Hanseong (now Seoul).
- After the death of Sultan Mahmud II, civil war breaks out in the Delhi Sultanate, splitting the state between east and west.
- Battle of Ros-mic-Triuin - the Kingdom of Leinster, led by King Art mac Art MacMurrough-Kavanagh, defeats an invading army from England, led by King Richard II of England and Roger Mortimer.
- Ştefan I succeeds Roman I as Prince of Moldavia (now Moldova and eastern Romania).
- Abu Zayyan II succeeds his brother, Abul Hadjdjadj I, as ruler of the Abdalwadid dynasty in present-day eastern Algeria.
- Yûsuf I succeeds Abd ar-Rahmân II as ruler of the Ziyanid Dynasty in present-day western Algeria.
- The Ottomans conquer Thessaly (now eastern Greece).
- Abd al-Aziz II succeeds Abu al-Abbas Ahmad II as ruler of the Hafsid dynasty in present-day Tunisia.
- Richard II of England grants Geoffrey Chaucer twenty pounds a year for life for his services as a diplomat and Clerk of The King's Works.
- The Allgäuer Brauhaus brewery is founded in present-day Germany.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1394 |
|Ab urbe condita||2147|
|Armenian calendar|| 843 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-450 – -449|
|Coptic calendar||1110 – 1111|
|Ethiopian calendar||1386 – 1387|
|Hebrew calendar||5154 – 5155|
|- Vikram Samvat||1449 – 1450|
|- Shaka Samvat||1316 – 1317|
|- Kali Yuga||4495 – 4496|
|Iranian calendar||772 – 773|
|Islamic calendar||796 – 797|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2054|
|Thai solar calendar||1937|
- March 4 - Prince Henry the Navigator, Portuguese patron of exploration (died 1460)
- July 12 - Ashikaga Yoshinori, Japanese shogun (died 1441)
- November 24 - Charles, French poet (died 1465)
- December 10 - King James I of Scotland (d. 1437)
- Ulugh Beg, Timurid ruler and astronomer (died 1449)
- Cymburgis of Masovia, Duchess of Austria
- Ikkyu, Japanese Zen Buddhist priest and poet (died 1481)
- Michael de la Pole (died 1415)
- June 4 - Mary de Bohun, wife of Henry IV of England
- June 7 - Anne of Bohemia, queen of Richard II of England (plague) (born 1366)
- July 24 - Alexander Stewart, Scottish prince (born 1343)
- August 27 - Emperor Chokei of Japan, former Emperor (born 1343)
- September 16 - Avignon Pope Clement VII (born 1342)
- John de Ros (born 1365)
- John Devereux 2nd Baron Devereux
- Louis of Enghien, Count of Conversano and Brienne
- John Hawkwood, English mercenary (born 1320)
- Constance of Castile, claimant to the throne of Castile
- Fazlallah Astarabadi, founder of the mystical Hurufism sect (executed)
- Sultan Mahmud II of Delhi
- Former King Gongyang of Goryeo (born 1345)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1394. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1394 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1394
7 children were born to the 4 women born in 1394
14 people died in 1394
802 people lived in 1394
Events of the year 1394 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1394.
There were 0 military battles in 1394.