|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1370s 1380s 1390s - 1400s - 1410s 1420s 1430s
|Years:||1398 1399 1400 - 1401 - 1402 1403 1404|
|1401 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1401 Edit
- Timur raids the city of Baghdad in the Jalayirid Empire.
- Passing of the De heretico comburendo Act in England - the Archbishop of Canterbury pressures King Henry IV of England into outlawing as heretics anyone owning an English translation of the Bible.
- Dilawar Khan establishes the Malwa Sultanate in present-day northern India.
- Grand Duke Vytautas of Lithuania is granted increased autonomy by King Jogaila of the Poland-Lithuania union.
- Emperor Ho Quy Ly of Dai Ngu (now Vietnam) passes the throne to his son, Thai Thuong Hoang.
- A civil war, lasting four years, breaks out in the Majapahit Empire in present-day Indonesia.
- The Joseon Dynasty in the present-day Korea officially enters into a tributary relationship with Ming Dynasty China.
- Japan re-enters into a tributary relationship with Ming Dynasty China.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1401 |
|Ab urbe condita||2154|
|Armenian calendar|| 850 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-443 – -442|
|Coptic calendar||1117 – 1118|
|Ethiopian calendar||1393 – 1394|
|Hebrew calendar||5161 – 5162|
|- Vikram Samvat||1456 – 1457|
|- Shaka Samvat||1323 – 1324|
|- Kali Yuga||4502 – 4503|
|Iranian calendar||779 – 780|
|Islamic calendar||803 – 804|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2061|
|Thai solar calendar||1944|
- May 12 - Emperor Shoko of Japan (died 1428)
- July 23 - Francesco I Sforza, Duke of Milan (died 1466)
- October 27 - Catherine of Valois, queen of Henry VI of England (died 1437)
- November 26 - Henry Beaufort (died 1418)
- December 21 - Tommaso Masaccio, Italian painter (died 1428)
- Charles I (died 1456)
- Jacqueline (died 1436)
- March - William Sawtrey, English Lollard martyr (burned at the stake)
- April 8 (or August 8) Thomas de Beauchamp (born 1338)
- October 20 - Klaus Störtebeker, German pirate
- date unknown
- Anabella Drummond, queen of Scotland
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1401. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1401 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1401
9 children were born to the 7 women born in 1401
15 people died in 1401
831 people lived in 1401
Events of the year 1401 at FamilypediaEdit
14 people were married in 1401.
There were 0 military battles in 1401.