Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1390s 1400s 1410s - 1420s - 1430s 1440s 1450s
|Years:||1417 1418 1419 - 1420 - 1421 1422 1423|
|1420 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1420 Edit
- May 21 - Treaty of Troyes. With the Burgundian faction dominant in France, King Charles VI of France acknowledges Henry V of England as his heir and as virtual ruler of most of France.
- May 25 - Henry the Navigator is appointed governor of the Order of Christ.
- The Madeira Islands were discovered by the Portuguese João Gonçalves Zarco.
- Hussite Wars - Sigismund fails at the battle of Vysehrad and is ejected from Bohemia.
- Catherine of Valois marries Henry V of England.
- Henry V of England commences construction of Grace Dieu
- Construction begins on the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, China while the palace complex of the Forbidden City is completed. In this year the Yongle Emperor conferred the title "Beijing" ("Northern Capital") for the Ming Dynasty's new capital city, replacing Nanjing.
- World population reaches 3.75 million.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1420 |
|Ab urbe condita||2173|
|Armenian calendar|| 869 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-424 – -423|
|Coptic calendar||1136 – 1137|
|Ethiopian calendar||1412 – 1413|
|Hebrew calendar||5180 – 5181|
|- Vikram Samvat||1475 – 1476|
|- Shaka Samvat||1342 – 1343|
|- Kali Yuga||4521 – 4522|
|Iranian calendar||798 – 799|
|Islamic calendar||822 – 823|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2080|
|Thai solar calendar||1963|
- November 24 - John Stafford, English politician (died 1473)
- date unknown
- June 11 - John III (born c.1369)
- August 9 - Pierre d'Ailly, French theologian and cardinal (born 1351)
- September 3 - Robert Stewart, regent of Scotland
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1420. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1420 at Familypedia
36 people were born in 1420
17 children were born to the 11 women born in 1420
20 people died in 1420
778 people lived in 1420
Events of the year 1420 at FamilypediaEdit
13 people were married in 1420.
There were 0 military battles in 1420.