|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1390s 1400s 1410s - 1420s - 1430s 1440s 1450s
|Years:||1418 1419 1420 - 1421 - 1422 1423 1424|
|1421 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
- For the controversial hypothesis advanced by Gavin Menzies, see: 1421 hypothesis. For the book, see: 1421: The Year China Discovered The World.
Events of 1421Edit
- March 21 - Battle of Baugé. A small French force surprises and defeats a smaller English force under Thomas, a brother of Henry V of England, in Normandy.
- May 26 - Mehmed I, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Murad II.
- November 17–19 - St. Elizabeth flood. The coastal area near Dordrecht in the Netherlands was flooded due to extremely high tide of the North Sea. 72 villages were drowned, killing about 10,000 people.
- John III of Dampierre, Marquis of Namur, sells his estates to Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy
- The first patent is issued by the Republic of Florence.
- In a theory proposed by Gavin Menzies, supposedly the year that Chinese explorer Hong Bao & Zhou Wen discovered the Americas, beating Columbus by about 70 years.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1421 |
|Ab urbe condita||2174|
|Armenian calendar|| 870 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-423 – -422|
|Coptic calendar||1137 – 1138|
|Ethiopian calendar||1413 – 1414|
|Hebrew calendar||5181 – 5182|
|- Vikram Samvat||1476 – 1477|
|- Shaka Samvat||1343 – 1344|
|- Kali Yuga||4522 – 4523|
|Iranian calendar||799 – 800|
|Islamic calendar||823 – 824|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2081|
|Thai solar calendar||1964|
- July 25 - Henry Percy, English politician (died 1461)
- December 6 - King Henry VI of England (died 1471)
- date unknow
- January 21 - Niccolò I Trinci, lord of Foligno (assassinated)
- March 22 - Thomas of Lancaster, second son of Henry IV of England (killed in battle) (born 1388)
- May - Balša III, ruler of Zeta
- May 26 - Mehmed I, Ottoman Sultan (b. 1389)
- date unknown - John FitzAlan (born 1385)
- ^ Terence, Kealey. The Economic Laws of Scientific Research. 1996.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1421. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1421 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1421
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 1421
15 people died in 1421
770 people lived in 1421
Events of the year 1421 at FamilypediaEdit
9 people were married in 1421.
There were 1 military battles in 1421.
|Battle of Baugé||21 March 1421|