|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1390s 1400s 1410s - 1420s - 1430s 1440s 1450s
|Years:||1424 1425 1426 - 1427 - 1428 1429 1430|
|1427 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1427Edit
- August 4 - Hussite Wars: Battle of Tachov The Hussites decisively beat the crusader armies, ending the Fourth Anti-Hussite Crusade.
- August 17 - First band of Gypsies visits Paris, according to an account of the citizen of Paris.
- Lincoln College, a constituent college of the University of Oxford, is founded.
- Balsics rule of Montenegro comes to an end.
- Bhaktapur Royal Palace in Nepal is built by King Yaksa Malla.
- Gabriel V elected Patriarch of the Coptic Church for the second time.
- Minrekyansa becomes King of Ava (ancient Burma).
- Conflict of Druimnacour in Sutherland, Scotland.
- First witch hunts begin, in Switzerland.
- Celestine Order established in France.
- Celebration of Sant Jordi (Saint George) begins in Catalonia (he would later become its patron saint).
- Bremen is expelled from the Hanseatic League.
- Diogo de Silves, portuguese navigator, discovers seven islands of the Azores archipelago.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1427 |
|Ab urbe condita||2180|
|Armenian calendar|| 876 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-417 – -416|
|Coptic calendar||1143 – 1144|
|Ethiopian calendar||1419 – 1420|
|Hebrew calendar||5187 – 5188|
|- Vikram Samvat||1482 – 1483|
|- Shaka Samvat||1349 – 1350|
|- Kali Yuga||4528 – 4529|
|Iranian calendar||805 – 806|
|Islamic calendar||830 – 831|
|Japanese calendar|| Ōei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2087|
|Thai solar calendar||1970|
- September 9 - Thomas de Ros, English politician (died 1464)
- October 14 - Alesso Baldovinetti, Italian painter (died 1499)
- October 26 - Archduke Sigismund of Austria (died 1496)
- November 29 - Zhengtong Emperor of China (died 1464)
- November 30 - Casimir IV Jagiellon, King of Poland (died 1492)
- date unknown
- April 17 - John IV (b. 1403)
- May 7 - Thomas la Warr, English churchman
- August 27 - Reginald West (born 1395)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1427. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1427 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1427
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Eleanor Acton (1427-1456)||Laurence Acton (1403-1480)||Matilda|
|Margaret Beaufort (c1427-1474)||Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset (1406-1455)||Eleanor Beauchamp (1408-1467)|
|Isabel Bradbourne (-aft1486)||Henry Bradbourne (c1394-)||Margery Bagot (c1398-1437)|
|Thomas Carew (bef1427-1461)||Nicholas Carew (-c1446)||Joan Courtenay (c1400-)|
|John Dudley (c1427-1501)||John Sutton (1400-1472)||Elizabeth Berkeley (?-1478)|
|Hugh Egerton (1427-1505)||Ralph de Egerton (c1398-1452)||Elizabeth Mainwaring (c1395-1481)|
|Elizabeth Hopton (1421-1498)||Thomas Hopton (1388-1428)||Eleanor Lucy (1407-1470)|
|Casimir IV of Poland (1427-1492)||Wladyslaw II Jagiellon (c1362-1434)||Sophia of Halshany (c1405-1451)|
|William Lovel, Baron Morley (1427-1476)||William Lovel, 7th Baron Lovel of Tichmerch (?-1454)||Alice Deincourt (c1405-)|
|Humphrey Stafford (c1427-1486)||Humphrey Stafford (1400-aft1467)||Eleanor Aylesbury (c1406-c1467)|
|Philipp von Katzenelnbogen (1427-1453)||Philipp von Katzenelnbogen (1402-1479)||Anna von Württemberg (1408-1471)|
4 children were born to the 4 women born in 1427
12 people died in 1427
776 people lived in 1427
Events of the year 1427 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1427.
There were 0 military battles in 1427.