|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1390s 1400s 1410s - 1420s - 1430s 1440s 1450s
|Years:||1426 1427 1428 - 1429 - 1430 1431 1432|
|1429 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1429Edit
- February 12 - Battle of Rouvray (or "of the Herrings"). English Forces under Sir John Fastolf defend a supply convoy carrying rations to the army of William de la Pole, 4th Earl of Suffolk at Orléans from attack by the Comte de Clermont and John Stuart.
- April 29 - Joan of Arc arrives to relieve the Siege of Orléans.
- April 30 - Siege of Orléans: Joan of Arc enters Orléans with a relief expedition.
- May 7 - Fall of the Tourelles, the last English siege fortification at Orléans. Joan of Arc becomes the hero of the battle by returning wounded to lead the final charge.
- May 8 - The English, weakened by disease and lack of supplies, depart Orléans.
- June 18 - Battle of Patay: French forces under Joan of Arc smash the English forces under Lord Talbot and Sir John Fastolf, forcing the withdrawal of the English from the Loire Valley.
- July 17 - Charles VII of France crowned in Rheims.
- September 8 - Joan of Arc leads an unsuccessful attack on Paris and is wounded.
- Fire destroys Turku.
- A series of seven customs offices and barriers are installed along the Grand Canal of China, during the reign of the Ming Dynasty ruler Emperor Yongle.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1429 |
|Ab urbe condita||2182|
|Armenian calendar|| 878 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-415 – -414|
|Coptic calendar||1145 – 1146|
|Ethiopian calendar||1421 – 1422|
|Hebrew calendar||5189 – 5190|
|- Vikram Samvat||1484 – 1485|
|- Shaka Samvat||1351 – 1352|
|- Kali Yuga||4530 – 4531|
|Iranian calendar||807 – 808|
|Islamic calendar||832 – 833|
|Japanese calendar|| Shocho
— changed to —Eikyō 1
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2089|
|Thai solar calendar||1972|
- January 17? - Antonio del Pollaiolo, Italian painter, sculptor and jeweller (d. 1498)
- January 30 - Humphrey FitzAlan (d. 1438)
- March 23 - Margaret of Anjou, queen of Henry VI of England (d. 1482)
- probable - Mino da Fiesole, Florentine sculptor (d. 1484)
- February - Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici, founder of the Medici dynasty of Florence (born 1360)
- June 22 - Ghiyath al-Kashi, Persian mathematician and astronomer (born 1380)
- September 28 - Cymburgis of Masovia, wife of Duke Ernest the Iron of Inner Austria (born 1394)
- December 30 - Margaret Holland, English noblewoman (born 1385)
- date unknown - Emperor Yeshaq I of Ethiopia (born 1414)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1429. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1429 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1429
1 children were born to the 0 women born in 1429
12 people died in 1429
762 people lived in 1429
Events of the year 1429 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1429.
There were 0 military battles in 1429.