Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1400s 1410s 1420s - 1430s - 1440s 1450s 1460s
|Years:||1436 1437 1438 - 1439 - 1440 1441 1442|
|1439 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1439Edit
- Battle of Grotnik, which ended the hussite movement in Poland
- Eric of Pomerania, King of Sweden, Denmark and Norway is declared deposed in Sweden. Karl Knutsson Bonde continues to serve as Regent of Sweden
- Logabirum is mentioned for the first time
- September 8 - Cardinal Giovanni Vitelleschi captures Foligno, ending Trinci's signoria.
- November 12 - In England, Plymouth becomes the first town incorporated by the English Parliament.
- Great Ordinance adopted by the French Estates-General. This measure granted the king the exclusive right to raise troops, and established the taxation measure known as the taille in support of a standing army.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1439 |
|Ab urbe condita||2192|
|Armenian calendar|| 888 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-405 – -404|
|Coptic calendar||1155 – 1156|
|Ethiopian calendar||1431 – 1432|
|Hebrew calendar||5199 – 5200|
|- Vikram Samvat||1494 – 1495|
|- Shaka Samvat||1361 – 1362|
|- Kali Yuga||4540 – 4541|
|Iranian calendar||817 – 818|
|Islamic calendar||842 – 843|
|Japanese calendar|| Eikyō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2099|
|Thai solar calendar||1982|
- May 9 - Pope Pius III (died 1503)
- July 26 - Sigismund of Bavaria (died 1501)
- Hua Sui, Chinese inventor and printer (d. 1513)
- April 30 - Richard de Beauchamp, English military leader (born 1382)
- May 5 - Spytek z Melsztyna, Polish nobleman (born 1398) (killed in battle)
- June 24 - Duke Frederick IV of Austria (born 1382)
- October 20 - Ambrose the Camaldulian, Italian theologian
- October 27 - Albert II of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1397)
- date unknown - Pietro Loredan, Italian nobleman and admiral
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1439. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1439 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1439
8 children were born to the 7 women born in 1439
17 people died in 1439
773 people lived in 1439
Events of the year 1439 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 1439.
There were 0 military battles in 1439.