|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1410s 1420s 1430s - 1440s - 1450s 1460s 1470s
|Years:||1443 1444 1445 - 1446 - 1447 1448 1449|
|1446 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1446Edit
- Mehmed II Sultan of the Ottoman Empire is forced to abdicate in favor of his father Murad II by the Janissaries.
- Portuguese navigator, Álvaro Fernandes, reached the mouth of the Geba River in Guinea-Bissau.
- The Precious Belt Bridge in China is fully reconstructed.
- In Italy, the siege of Cremona by the condottieri troops of Francesco Piccinino and Luigi dal Verme was raised after the arrival of Scaramuccia da Forlì.
- October 9 - The Hangul alphabet is created in Korea. The Hunmin Jeongeum published during the year is consided the start of this brand new scientific writing system.
- December 10 - Murad II, sultan of the Ottoman Empire, destroys the Hexamillion wall in an assault that includes cannons. This renders the Morea open to Ottoman invasion.
- The Blarney Stone stone was set into a tower of Blarney Castle in Blarney County Cork in Ireland.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1446 |
|Ab urbe condita||2199|
|Armenian calendar|| 895 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-398 – -397|
|Coptic calendar||1162 – 1163|
|Ethiopian calendar||1438 – 1439|
|Hebrew calendar||5206 – 5207|
|- Vikram Samvat||1501 – 1502|
|- Shaka Samvat||1368 – 1369|
|- Kali Yuga||4547 – 4548|
|Iranian calendar||824 – 825|
|Islamic calendar||849 – 850|
|Japanese calendar|| Bunnan
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2106|
|Thai solar calendar||1989|
- May 3 - Margaret of Burgundy, wife of Charles I (died 1503)
- date unknown - Edmund de Ros, English politician (died 1508)
- April 15 - Filippo Brunelleschi, Italian architect (born 1377)
- May 9 - Mary of Enghien, Queen of Naples (born 1367)
- May 24 - Ambroise de Loré, Baron of Ivry (born 1396)
- December 28 - Antipope Clement VIII
- date unknown - Vittorino da Feltre, Italian humanist (born 1378)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1446. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1446 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1446
5 children were born to the 5 women born in 1446
10 people died in 1446
799 people lived in 1446
Events of the year 1446 at FamilypediaEdit
12 people were married in 1446.
There were 0 military battles in 1446.