Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1420s 1430s 1440s - 1450s - 1460s 1470s 1480s
|Years:||1456 1457 1458 - 1459 - 1460 1461 1462|
|1459 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1459Edit
- September 23 - Battle of Blore Heath. Yorkists under the Earl of Salisbury defeat a Lancastrian force.
- October 12 - Due to the advance of a royal force on his fortress of Ludlow, The Duke of York flees to Ireland, while his ally Warwick goes to Calais.
- First mention of the Wallachian town of Bucharest.
- City of Jodhpur, in western India, founded by Rao Jodha of Marwar.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1459 |
|Ab urbe condita||2212|
|Armenian calendar|| 908 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-385 – -384|
|Coptic calendar||1175 – 1176|
|Ethiopian calendar||1451 – 1452|
|Hebrew calendar||5219 – 5220|
|- Vikram Samvat||1514 – 1515|
|- Shaka Samvat||1381 – 1382|
|- Kali Yuga||4560 – 4561|
|Iranian calendar||837 – 838|
|Islamic calendar||863 – 864|
|Japanese calendar|| Chōroku
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2119|
|Thai solar calendar||2002|
- March 2 - Pope Adrian VI (died 1523)
- March 6 - Jacob Fugger, German banker (d. 1525)
- March 22 - Maximilian I (died 1519)
- October 6 - Martin Behaim, German explorer and cartographer (died 1507)
- December 22 - Cem, pretender to the Ottoman throne (died 1495)
- date unknown - Edward Poyning, Lord Deputy to King Henry VII of England (died 1521)
- probable - Lorenzo di Credi, Florentine painter and sculptor (died 1537)
- March 3 - Ausiàs March, Catalan poet (b. 1397)
- May 3 - Eric of Pomerania, King of Norway, Denmark and Sweden (born 1382)
- September 23 - James Touchet (born 1400) (killed in battle)
- October 30 - Gian Francesco Poggio Bracciolini, Italian humanist (born 1380)
- November 5 - John Fastolf, English soldier
- December 4 - Adolf VIII, Duke of Southern Jutland (b. 1401)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1459. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1459 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 1459
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 1459
18 people died in 1459
819 people lived in 1459
Events of the year 1459 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1459.
There were 1 military battles in 1459.
|Battle of Blore Heath||23 September 1459 JL|