|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1459 1460 1461 - 1462 - 1463 1464 1465|
|1462 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1462Edit
- Settlers from Portugal begin to settle the Cape Verde islands.
- March 28 - Death of Vasili II of Russia. Succeeded by his son Ivan III of Russia.
- June 17 - Vlad III Dracula attempts to assassinate Mehmed II in the Night Attack, and the latter is forced to retreat from Wallachia.
- September 17 - Battle of Świecino, called also Battle of Żarnowiec, during Thirteen Years' War
- Jews expelled from Mainz, Germany
- January 2 - Piero di Cosimo, Italian artist (died 1521)
- February 1 - Johannes Trithemius, German scholar and cryptographer (died 1516)
- June 27 - Louis XII of France (died 1515)
- date unknown
- probable - Edmund Dudley, minister of Henry VII of England (died 1510)
- February 26 - John de Vere (born 1408)
- March 27 - Vasili II of Russia, Grand Prince of Moscow (b. 1415)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1462. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1462 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1462
7 children were born to the 6 women born in 1462
14 people died in 1462
804 people lived in 1462
Events of the year 1462 at FamilypediaEdit
7 people were married in 1462.
There were 0 military battles in 1462.