|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1463 1464 1465 - 1466 - 1467 1468 1469|
|1466 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1466Edit
- Chimú Empire conquered by troops of the Inca
- End of term for Regent of Sweden Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna. He is replaced by Erik Axelsson Tott.
- August 26 - A conjure against Piero di Cosimo de' Medici, led by Luca Pitti and Borso d'Este, is discovered in Florence.
- October 19 - The Thirteen Years' War ends with the Second Treaty of Toruń. Gdansk Pomerania and Prussia as a whole is incorporated into Poland; the Teutonic Knights are allowed to rule its eastern part as Polish vassals.
- The first printed German language bible is produced.
- February 11 - Elizabeth of York, queen of Henry VII of England (died 1503)
- June 18 - Ottaviano Petrucci, Italian music printer (died 1539)
- August 10 - Francesco II Gonzaga (died 1519)
- September 9 - Ashikaga Yoshitane, Japanese shogun (died 1523)
- October 27 - Erasmus, Dutch philosopher (died 1536)
- November 30 - Andrea Doria, Italian naval leader (died 1560)
- March 8 - Francesco I Sforza, Duke of Milan (born 1401)
- October 30 - Johann Fust, German printer (born c. 1400)
- December 13 - Donatello, Italian artist (born 1386)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1466. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1466 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1466
5 children were born to the 4 women born in 1466
13 people died in 1466
818 people lived in 1466
Events of the year 1466 at FamilypediaEdit
19 people were married in 1466.
There were 0 military battles in 1466.