|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1464 1465 1466 - 1467 - 1468 1469 1470|
|1467 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1467Edit
- July 25 - Battle of Molinella.
- October 29 - Battle of Brusthem: Charles the Bold defeats Liege
- Beginning of the Ōnin War (1467–1477). The war initiated the Sengoku Period in Japan
- Circa this year, polyalphabetic cipher invented by Leone Battista Alberti.
- Regent of Sweden Erik Axelsson Tott supports the re-election of deposed Charles VIII of Sweden to the throne.
- Pope Paul II arrests and tortures some of the abbreviators, among them Filip Callimachus.
- King Matthias Corvinus founds the first university in Slovakia, the Universitas Istropolitana in Bratislava.
- January - John Colet, English churchman and educational pioneer (died 1519)
- January 1 - Sigismund I the Old, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania (d. 1548)
- January 26 - Guillaume Budé, French scholar (died 1540)
- August 11 - Mary of York, daughter of King Edward IV of England (d. 1482)
- November 9 - Charles (d. 1538)
- date unknown
- June 15 - Philip III (born 1396).
- September 3 - Eleanor of Portugal (born 1434).
- December 15 - Jöns Bengtsson Oxenstierna, archbishop and Regent of Sweden (born 1417).
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1467. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1467 at Familypedia
14 people were born in 1467
1 children were born to the 2 women born in 1467
11 people died in 1467
794 people lived in 1467
Events of the year 1467 at FamilypediaEdit
17 people were married in 1467.
There were 0 military battles in 1467.