|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1430s 1440s 1450s - 1460s - 1470s 1480s 1490s
|Years:||1465 1466 1467 - 1468 - 1469 1470 1471|
|1468 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1468Edit
- August 26 - Baeda Maryam succeeds his father Zara Yaqob as Emperor of Ethiopia.
- October 14 - The Treaty of Péronne is signed by Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, and Louis XI of France.
- The Lancastrians surrender Harlech Castle to King Edward IV of England after a seven-year siege.
- The Great Council of the Republic of Venice attempts to curb the power of the Council of Ten through legislation restricting them to acting on emergency matters.
- Completion of Metz Cathedral.
- February 29 - Pope Paul III (died 1549)
- March 29 - Charles I of Savoy (died 1490)
- June 30 - John (died 1532)
- date unknown
- January 17 - Skanderbeg, Albanian national hero (born 1403)
- February 3 - Johannes Gutenberg, Inventor of printing press with replaceable letters (born 1398)
- September 26 - Juan de Torquemada, Spanish Catholic cardinal (b. 1388)
- October 7 - Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, lord of Rimini (born 1417)
- November 24 - Jean de Dunois, French soldier (born 1402)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1468. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1468 at Familypedia
15 people were born in 1468
14 children were born to the 6 women born in 1468
8 people died in 1468
799 people lived in 1468
Events of the year 1468 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1468.
There were 0 military battles in 1468.