|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
|Years:||1467 1468 1469 - 1470 - 1471 1472 1473|
|1470 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1470 Edit
- March 12 - Wars of the Roses: House of York defeats the House of Lancaster at the Battle of Lose-coat Field.
- March 20 - The Battle of Nibley Green in England is the last fought between the private armies of feudal magnates.
- May 15 - Charles VIII of Sweden who had served three terms as King of Sweden dies. Sten Sture the Elder becomes Regent of Sweden.
- October - A rebellion orchestrated by King Edward's former ally, the Earl of Warwick, forces the King to flee England to seek support from his brother-in-law Charles the Bold of Burgundy. Warwick releases Henry VI from the Tower and restores him to the throne on October 30.
- King Afonso V of Portugal conquers the city of Arzila in North Africa.
- First contact between Europeans and the Fante nation of the Gold Coast when a party of Portuguese landed and met with the King of Elmina. (See also History of Ghana.)
- Johann Heynlin introduces the printing press into France and prints his first book in the same year.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1470 |
|Ab urbe condita||2223|
|Armenian calendar|| 919 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-374 – -373|
|Coptic calendar||1186 – 1187|
|Ethiopian calendar||1462 – 1463|
|Hebrew calendar||5230 – 5231|
|- Vikram Samvat||1525 – 1526|
|- Shaka Samvat||1392 – 1393|
|- Kali Yuga||4571 – 4572|
|Iranian calendar||848 – 849|
|Islamic calendar||874 – 875|
|Japanese calendar|| Bunmei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2130|
|Thai solar calendar||2013|
- April 7 - Edward Stafford (died 1498)
- May 20 - Pietro Bembo, Italian cardinal (died 1547)
- June 30 - Charles VIII of France (died 1498)
- July 30 - Hongzhi Emperor of China (died 1505)
- November 4 - King Edward V of England, one of the princes in the Tower (died 1483?)
- date unknown
- January 2 - Heinrich Reuß von Plauen, Grand Master of the Teutonic Order
- May 15 - Charles VIII of Sweden(born1409)
- November 23 - Gaston (born 1444)
- December 16 - John II (born 1425)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1470. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1470 at Familypedia
30 people were born in 1470
10 children were born to the 11 women born in 1470
26 people died in 1470
800 people lived in 1470
Events of the year 1470 at FamilypediaEdit
15 people were married in 1470.
There were 0 military battles in 1470.