|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
|Years:||1469 1470 1471 - 1472 - 1473 1474 1475|
|1472 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1472Edit
- February 20 - Orkney and Shetland are returned by Norway to Scotland, due to a defaulted dowry payment
- Possible discovery of Bacalao (possibly Newfoundland, North America) by João Vaz Corte-Real.
- Beginning of extensive slave trade in modern Cameroon, as the Portuguese sail up the Wuori River.
- Fernão do Po claims the central-African islands Bioko and Annobón for Portugal.
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena, the world's oldest surviving bank, is founded.
- March 28 - Fra Bartolommeo, Italian artist (died 1517)
- April 5 - Bianca Maria Sforza, wife of Maximilian I (died 1510)
- December 10 - Anne de Mowbray (died 1481)
- date unknown
- March 30 - Amadeus IX (born 1435)
- April 25 - Leone Battista Alberti, Italian artist, poet, and philosopher (born 1404)
- May 30 - Jacquetta of Luxembourg, daughter of Pierre de Luxembourg (born 1416)
- June 4 - Nezahualcoyotl, Aztec poet (born 1402)
- July 5 - Charles of Artois, French military leader (b. 1394)
- November 18 - Basilius Bessarion, titular patriarch of Constantinople (born c1403)
- date unknown - Afanasy Nikitin, Russian traveller
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1472. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1472 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1472
2 children were born to the 3 women born in 1472
16 people died in 1472
796 people lived in 1472
Events of the year 1472 at FamilypediaEdit
22 people were married in 1472.
There were 0 military battles in 1472.