|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1440s 1450s 1460s - 1470s - 1480s 1490s 1500s
|Years:||1476 1477 1478 - 1479 - 1480 1481 1482|
|1479 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
- January 20 - Ferdinand II ascends the throne of Aragon and rules together with his wife Isabella, queen of Castile over most of the Iberian peninsula. Together they conquer Granada in 1492 ending 800 years of Moorish rule.
- January 24 - The Republic of Venice and the Ottoman Empire sign a peace treaty; for which Venice will cede Argo, Negroponte, Lemnos and Scutari, and pay an annual tribute of 10,000 golden ducati.
- August 7 - Battle of Guinegate - A French army sent to invade the Netherlands is defeated by Maximilian of Austria
- October 13 - Battle of Kenyérmező - The Hungarian army led by Pál Kinizsi and István Báthori defeats the Ottoman Turk army in Transylvania, Hungary
- Christopher Columbus - experienced mariner and successful trader in the thriving Genoese "ex-pat" community in Portugal, marries Felipa Perestrelo Moniz (Italian on her father's side) and receives no ordinary dowry: Her late father's maps and papers charting the seas and winds around the Madeira Islands and other Portuguese possessions in the Ocean Sea.
- March 25 - Vasili III of Russia, Grand Prince of Moscow (d. 1533)
- May 5 - Guru Amar Das, third Sikh Guru (died 1574)
- June 14 - Giglio Gregorio Giraldi, Italian poet (d. 1552)
- June 15 - Lisa del Giocondo, believed to be the subject of the Mona Lisa (d. 1542)
- August 14- Catherine of York Aunt of Henry VIII (d.1527)
- November 6 - Joanna of Castile, queen of Philip I of Castile (died 1555)
- date unknown
- probable - Henry Stafford (died 1522)
- January 18 - Louis IX (born 1417)
- January 20 - King John II of Aragon (born 1397)
- February - Antonello da Messina, Italian painter (born c1430)
- June 11 - John of Sahagun, hermit and saint (born 1419)
- September 10 - Jacopo Piccolomini-Ammannati, cardinal (born 1422)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1479. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1479 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 1479
9 children were born to the 4 women born in 1479
15 people died in 1479
811 people lived in 1479
Events of the year 1479 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 1479.
There were 0 military battles in 1479.