|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1450s 1460s 1470s - 1480s - 1490s 1500s 1510s
|Years:||1484 1485 1486 - 1487 - 1488 1489 1490|
|1487 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1487 Edit
- Richard Foxe becomes Bishop of Exeter.
- March - Archduke Sigismund of Austria, largely on the poor advice of his councillors, declares war on Venice and seizes silver mines in and around the Valsugana valley.
- May 24 - Lambert Simnel is crowned King "Edward VI of England" in Christchurch Cathedral, Ireland. He claims to be Edward and challenges Henry VII for the throne of England.
- June 16 - Battle of Stoke Field. The rebellion of pretender Lambert Simnel, led by John de la Pole, and Francis Lovell, is crushed by troops loyal to Henry VII.
- August - Bartolomeu Dias leaves Lisbon on his voyage to the Cape of Good Hope.
- September 9 - Hongzhi becomes emperor of China (Ming dynasty).
- Publication of the witch-hunter manual Malleus Maleficarum.
- Aztec emperor Auitzotl dedicates Great Temple Pyramid of Tenochtitlán with thousands of human sacrifices.
- Spanish take Málaga.
- Italian architects begin to build the Kremlin in Moscow.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1487 |
|Ab urbe condita||2240|
|Armenian calendar|| 936 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-357 – -356|
|Coptic calendar||1203 – 1204|
|Ethiopian calendar||1479 – 1480|
|Hebrew calendar||5247 – 5248|
|- Vikram Samvat||1542 – 1543|
|- Shaka Samvat||1409 – 1410|
|- Kali Yuga||4588 – 4589|
|Iranian calendar||865 – 866|
|Islamic calendar||891 – 893|
|Japanese calendar|| Bunmei
— changed to —Chōkyō 1
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2147|
|Thai solar calendar||2030|
- February 8 - Ulrich (died 1550)
- April 10 - William I (died 1559)
- July 16 - Andrea del Sarto, Italian painter (died 1531)
- July 17 - Ismail I, Shah of Persia (d. 1524)
- September 10 - Pope Julius III (died 1555)
- date unknown
- Amda Seyon II, Emperor of Ethiopia (died 1494)
- Magdalena de la Cruz, Franciscan nun of Cordova (died 1560)
- Fray Tomás de Berlanga, Bishop of Panama (died 1551)
- Piotr Gamrat, Polish Catholic archbishop (died 1545)
- Stanisław Kostka, Polish noble (died 1555)
- Pedro de Mendoza, Spanish conquistador (died 1537)
- Michael Stifel, German mathematician (died 1567)
- Giovanni da Udine, Italian painter (died 1564)
- Peter Vischer the Younger, German sculptor (died 1528)
- March 21 - Nicholas of Flue, Swiss hermit and saint (born 1417)
- June 16 - John de la Pole (born c1463)
- June 26 - John Argyropoulos, philosopher
- July 16 - Charlotte of Cyprus, daughter of John II of Cyprus (born 1436)
- September 9 - Chenghua Emperor of China (born 1447)
- September 30 - John Sutton, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland (born 1400)
- October 22 - Antonio Bettini, religious writer (born 1396)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1487. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1487 at Familypedia
9 people were born in 1487
9 children were born to the 4 women born in 1487
18 people died in 1487
770 people lived in 1487
Events of the year 1487 at FamilypediaEdit
9 people were married in 1487.
There were 0 military battles in 1487.