|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1450s 1460s 1470s - 1480s - 1490s 1500s 1510s
|Years:||1486 1487 1488 - 1489 - 1490 1491 1492|
|1489 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1489 Edit
- March 14 - The Queen of Cyprus, Catherine Cornaro, sells her kingdom to Venice.
- March 26 - The Treaty of Medina del Campo between England and Spain includes provision for a marriage between Arthur, the son of King Henry VII of England, and Princess Catherine of Aragon.
- November 29 - Arthur Tudor is named Prince of Wales.
- December 11 - Jeannetto de Tassis is appointed Chief Master of Postal Services in Innsbruck, his descendants the Thurn and Taxis family later run much of the postal system of Europe.
- The Great British pound, called a sovereign, is issued for Henry VII of England.
- Typhus sweeps through Spain, its first appearance in Europe.
- Nicosia, Cyprus, becomes a possession of Venice.
- King Henry VII gives a city charter to Southwold.
- Lucas Watzenrode becomes bishop of Warmia.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1489 |
|Ab urbe condita||2242|
|Armenian calendar|| 938 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-355 – -354|
|Coptic calendar||1205 – 1206|
|Ethiopian calendar||1481 – 1482|
|Hebrew calendar||5249 – 5250|
|- Vikram Samvat||1544 – 1545|
|- Shaka Samvat||1411 – 1412|
|- Kali Yuga||4590 – 4591|
|Iranian calendar||867 – 868|
|Islamic calendar||894 – 895|
|Japanese calendar|| Chōkyō
— changed to —Entoku 1
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2149|
|Thai solar calendar||2032|
- April 15 - Sinan, Turkish architect (died 1588)
- June 4 - Antoine (d. 1544)
- July 2 - Thomas Cranmer, Archbishop of Canterbury (died 1556)
- August 10 - Jacob Sturm von Sturmeck, German statesman and reformer (died 1553)
- November 28 - Margaret Tudor, queen of James IV of Scotland) (died 1541)
- August - Antonio da Correggio, Italian painter (died 1534)
- date unknown
- January 3 - Martin Truchsess von Wetzhausen, Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights (born 1435)
- February 14 - Nicolaus von Tüngen, bishop (d.o.b. unknown)
- April 26 - Ashikaga Yoshihisa, Japanese shogun (born 1465)
- April 28 - Henry Percy (born c. 1449)
- July 19 - Louis I (born 1424)
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1489. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1489 at Familypedia
11 people were born in 1489
4 children were born to the 3 women born in 1489
12 people died in 1489
776 people lived in 1489
Events of the year 1489 at FamilypediaEdit
10 people were married in 1489.
There were 0 military battles in 1489.