|Centuries:||14th century - 15th century - 16th century|
|Decades:|| 1460s 1470s 1480s - 1490s - 1500s 1510s 1520s
|Years:||1487 1488 1489 - 1490 - 1491 1492 1493|
|1490 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1490 Edit
- Tirant Lo Blanc by Joanot Martorell, Martí Joan De Galba is published.
- Yoshitane becomes Ashikaga shogun of Japan.
- Charles John Amadeus of Savoy becomes Duke of Savoy at age 1, mother Blanche of Montferrato is regent.
- Aldus Manutius moves to Venice.
- John Colet receives M.A. from Magdalen College.
- Castle Church in Wittenberg is begun.
- Pedro de Covilham arrives in Ethiopia.
- Catholic missionaries arrive in the African kingdom of Kongo.
- Regular postal service connects the Habsburg residences of Mechelen and Innsbruck, the first in Germany.
- Leonardo da Vinci observes capillary action in small-bore tubes.
- Leonardo da Vinci develops an oil lamp: the flame was enclosed in a glass tube placed inside a water-filled glass globe.
- December 19 - Anne of Brittany is married to Maximilian I by proxy.
- A small asteroid kills thousands in China.
- The Chinese scholar and printer Hua Sui invents bronze-metal movable type printing in China, although the earlier Wang Zhen had experimented with tin movable type in 1298 and the Koreans had separately innovated bronze movable type.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1490 |
|Ab urbe condita||2243|
|Armenian calendar|| 939 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-354 – -353|
|Coptic calendar||1206 – 1207|
|Ethiopian calendar||1482 – 1483|
|Hebrew calendar||5250 – 5251|
|- Vikram Samvat||1545 – 1546|
|- Shaka Samvat||1412 – 1413|
|- Kali Yuga||4591 – 4592|
|Iranian calendar||868 – 869|
|Islamic calendar||895 – 896|
|Japanese calendar|| Entoku
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2150|
|Thai solar calendar||2033|
- February 17 - Charles III, Constable of France (died 1527)
- March 24 - Georg Agricola, German scholar and scientist (died 1555)
- April - Vittoria Colonna, Italian poet (died 1547)
- May 16 - Duke Albert of Prussia (died 1568)
- June 28 - Albert of Mainz, German elector and archbishop (died 1545)
- October - Olaus Magnus, Swedish ecclesiastic and writer (died 1557)
- October 12 - Bernardo Pisano, Italian composer (died 1548)
- November 10 - John III (died 1539)
- date unknown
- January 27 - Ashikaga Yoshimasa, Japanese shogun (born 1435)
- March 6 - Ivan the Young, Ruler of Tver (b. 1458)
- March 13 - Charles I of Savoy (born 1468)
- April 6 - King Matthias Corvinus of Hungary (born 1443)
- May 12 - Joana (born 1452)
- May 22 - Edmund Grey (born 1416)
- August 11 - Frans van Brederode, Dutch rebel leader (born 1465)
- September 1 - Beatrix da Silva, Dominican nun
- date unknown
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1490. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1490 at Familypedia
39 people were born in 1490
19 children were born to the 14 women born in 1490
17 people died in 1490
807 people lived in 1490
Events of the year 1490 at FamilypediaEdit
23 people were married in 1490.
There were 0 military battles in 1490.