Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||15th century - 16th century - 17th century|
|Decades:||1530s 1540s 1550s - 1560s - 1570s 1580s 1590s|
|Years:|| 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564|
1565 1566 1567 1568 1569
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
- William Shakespeare, English playwright.
- Galileo Galilei, Italian physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher.
Events and trendsEdit
- In 1565, the city of St. Augustine was founded by the Spanish admiral Pedro Menéndez de Avilés on August 28 in modern-day Florida. The city is the oldest continually occupied European settlement in the continental United States.
- In 1566, widespread Protestant iconoclasm in the Netherlands led to the start of the Eighty Years' War.
- In 1569, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was founded.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1560s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|