|Centuries:||15th century - 16th century - 17th century|
|Decades:|| 1560s 1570s 1580s - 1590s - 1600s 1610s 1620s
|Years:||1587 1588 1589 - 1590 - 1591 1592 1593|
|1590 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture – Art –|
|Literature – Music – Poetry – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1590 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- January 11 - The Cortes of Castile approve a new subsidy, the "millones".
- March - Maurice of Nassau, takes Breda by concealing 68 of his best men in a peat-boat to get through the impregnable defences.
- March 4 - Lancelot Andrewes, a chaplain of Queen Elizabeth I of England, preaches an outspoken sermon in her presence.
- March 14 - Battle of Ivry: Henry IV of France again defeats the forces of the Catholic League under the Duc de Mayenne.
- May - August - Unsuccessful siege of Paris by Henry IV of France. Henry is forced to raise the siege when the Duke of Parma comes to its rescue with a Spanish army.
- May 17 - Anne of Denmark is crowned queen of Scotland.
July - DecemberEdit
- August 18 - John White, the governor of the Colony of Roanoke, returns from a supply-trip to England and finds his settlement deserted.
- September 15 - Pope Urban VII succeeds Sixtus V as the 228th pope; he dies of malaria twelve days later.
- December 5 - Pope Gregory XIV succeeds Urban VII as the 229th pope.
- December 7 - Agnes Sampson is questioned by King James VI of Scotland and confesses to practising witchcraft.
- Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria Meletius I succeeds Silvester.
- Japan is united by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- The Spanish are pushed out of southern Gelderland by the Dutch forces.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1590 |
|Ab urbe condita||2343|
|Armenian calendar|| 1039 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-254 – -253|
|Coptic calendar||1306 – 1307|
|Ethiopian calendar||1582 – 1583|
|Hebrew calendar||5350 – 5351|
|- Vikram Samvat||1645 – 1646|
|- Shaka Samvat||1512 – 1513|
|- Kali Yuga||4691 – 4692|
|Iranian calendar||968 – 969|
|Islamic calendar||998 – 999|
|Japanese calendar|| Tenshō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2250|
|Thai solar calendar||2133|
- January 9 - Simon Vouet, French painter (died 1649)
- January 30 - Lady Anne Clifford, English noblewoman (died 1676)
- March 18 - Manuel de Faria e Sousa, Spanish and Portuguese historian and poet (died 1649)
- April 18 - Ahmed I, Ottoman Emperor (died 1617)
- May - William Cecil (died 1618)
- May 5 - Jakub Sobieski, Polish noble (died 1646)
- May 12 - Cosimo II de' Medici (died 1621)
- July 13 - Pope Clement X (died 1676)
- July 26 - Johannes Crellius, Polish–German theologian (died 1633)
- August 19 - Henry Rich, English soldier (d. 1649)
- date unknown
- William Bradford, English leader of Plymouth Colony (died 1657)
- Francis Burgersdyk, Dutch logician (died 1629)
- Isaac de Caus, French landscaper (died 1648)
- Theophilus Eaton, merchant (died 1658)
- Isaac Manasses de Pas, French soldier (died 1640)
- Roger Ludlow, one of the founders of the colony (later the state) of Connecticut (died 1664)
- Boris Morozov, Russian statesman and boyar (died 1661)
- Yamada Nagamasa, Japanese adventurer (died 1630)
- See also 1590 births.
- February 1
- February 4 - Gioseffo Zarlino, Italian music theorist and composer (born 1517)
- February 12 - François Hotman, French Protestant lawyer and writer (born 1524)
- February 18 - Asahi no kata, Japanese lady, Toyotomi Hideyoshi's sister (born 1543)
- April 6 - Francis Walsingham, English spymaster (born 1530)
- May 9 - Charles French church leader and pretender to the throne (born 1523)
- June 19 - Mogami Yoshimori, Japanese warlord(born 1521)
- June 28 - Hori Hidemasa, Japanese warlord(born 1553)
- July 10 - Archduke Charles II of Austria, regent of Inner Austria (born 1540)
- August 10
- August 27 - Pope Sixtus V (born 1521)
- September 20 - Lodovico Agostini, Italian composer (born 1534)
- September 27 - Pope Urban VII (born 1521)
- September 29 - Dirck Volckertszoon Coornhert, Dutch politician and theologian (b. 1522)
- October 4 - Jacques Cujas, French legal expert (born 1520)
- October 12 - Kano Eitoku, Japanese painter (born 1543)
- October 23 - Bernardino de Sahagún, Franciscan missionary (born 1499)
- November 18 - George Talbot, English statesman (born 1528)
- November 29 - Philipp Nikodemus Frischlin, German philologist and poet (born 1547)
- December 20 - Ambroise Paré, French surgeon (born 1510)
- date unknown
- See also 1590 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1590. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1590 at Familypedia
75 people were born in 1590
31 children were born to the 23 women born in 1590
28 people died in 1590
1457 people lived in 1590
Events of the year 1590 at FamilypediaEdit
31 people were married in 1590.
There were 0 military battles in 1590.