Events and trendsEdit
- Egypt — End of Fourteenth Dynasty.
- The creation of one of the oldest surviving astronomical documents, a copy of which was found in the Babylonian library of Ashurbanipal: a 21-year record of the appearances of Venus (which the early Babylonians called Nindaranna).
- The end of the Indus Valley civilization.
- The overthrow of the ruling Amorite dynasty in Aleppo, Syria.
- The date of the earliest discovered rubber balls.
- Egypt conquered by Asian tribes known as the Hyksos — see History of ancient Israel and Judah.
- 1600 BC — Shang Dynasty instituted in China.
- 1600 BC — Tumulus culture started.
- c. 1600 BC — Nebra skydisk created.
- c. 1600 BC — The foundations of the Olmec civilization in Southern Mexico.
- c. 1600 BC — Cycladic civilization ends.
- c. 1600 BC–1550 BC — "Mask of Agamemnon" Funerary mask, from the royal tombs at Mycenae, Greece, is made. Grave Circle A. It is now at National Archaeological Museum, Athens.
- c. 1600 BC–1200 BC — Hittite (Anatolia) iron tools and weapons.
- c. 1600 BC - 1200 BC - Tiryns, Ancient Greece, is inhabited.
- c. 1600 BC — Hittites establish capital at Hattushash (near modern Boghazkeui, Turkey).
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1600s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|