|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1580s 1590s 1600s - 1610s - 1620s 1630s 1640s
|Years:||1612 1613 1614 - 1615 - 1616 1617 1618|
|1615 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1615 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- 1 January - The New Netherland Company is granted a 3 year monopoly in North American trade between the 40th and 45th parallels.
- March 10 - Saint John Ogilvie, a Catholic priest, is hanged in Glasgow, Scotland.
- May 6 - The Peace of Tyrnau was signed between Holy Roman Emperor Matthias and Gábor Bethlen.
- June 2 - First Récollet missionaries arrive at Quebec City, from Rouen, France.
- June 4 - Forces under the shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu took Osaka Castle in Japan, beginning a period of peace which lasts nearly 250 years.
July - DecemberEdit
- November - The Mughals under Abu Bakr attack Kajali, a border post of the Ahom kingdom.
- November - Hasekura Tsunenaga visits Pope Paul V in Rome to request a trade treaty between Japan and Mexico.
- December 6 - In England, John Winthrop, later governor of the future Massachusetts Bay Colony, marries his second wife (of 4), Thomasine Clopton, daughter of William Clopton of Castleins, near Groton.
- The second volume of Miguel Cervantes' Don Quixote is published.
- End of the Sengoku Period in Japan.
- Founding of the Grolsch Brewery in Groenlo, Netherlands.
- Persian hordes led by Shah-Abbas kill all the monks at the David Gareja monastery complex in Georgia set fire to its collection of manuscripts and works of art.
- Mary Talbot, is released from the Tower of London in recognition of her role in helping to discover the murder of Sir Thomas Overbury.
- The Somers Isles Company is founded to administer Bermuda.
- Johannes Kepler publishes Dissertatio cum Nuncio Sidereo in response to Galileo's discovery of Jupiter's moons.
- King James I of Great Britain sent Sir Thomas Roe as his ambassador to the Mughal court of Jahangir.
- The Perse School in Cambridge, England, is founded by Dr Stephen Perse.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1615 |
|Ab urbe condita||2368|
|Armenian calendar|| 1064 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-229 – -228|
|Coptic calendar||1331 – 1332|
|Ethiopian calendar||1607 – 1608|
|Hebrew calendar||5375 – 5376|
|- Vikram Samvat||1670 – 1671|
|- Shaka Samvat||1537 – 1538|
|- Kali Yuga||4716 – 4717|
|Iranian calendar||993 – 994|
|Islamic calendar||1023 – 1024|
|Japanese calendar|| Keichō
— changed to —Genna 1
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2275|
|Thai solar calendar||2158|
- January 14 - John Biddle, English theologian (d. 1662)
- January 25 - Govert Flinck, Dutch painter (d. 1660)
- January 30 - Thomas Rolfe, Virginia colonist and son of Pocahontas
- March 13 - Pope Innocent XII (d. 1700)
- June 20 (or July 31) - Salvator Rosa, Italian painter (died 1673)
- September 7 - Colonel John Birch, English soldier (d. 1691)
- November 5 - Ibrahim I, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1648)
- November 12 - Richard Baxter, English clergyman (d. 1691)
- November 24 - Philipp Wilhelm (d. 1690)
- See also 1615 births.
- January 31 - Claudio Aquaviva, Italian Jesuit (b. 1543)
- February 4 - Dom Justo Takayama, Japanese warlord (b. 1552)
- March 4 - Hans von Aachen, German painter (b. 1552)
- May 4 - Adriaan van Roomen, Flemish mathematician (b. 1561)
- May 7 - Sanada Yukimura, legendary Japanese samurai (b. 1567)
- May 27 - Marguerite de Valois, queen of Henry IV of France (b. 1553)
- June 23 - Mashita Nagamori, minor Japanese daimyo (b. 1545)
- September 1 - Étienne Pasquier, French lawyer and man of letters (b. 1529)
- September 27 - Arbella Stuart, English noblewoman and woman of letters (b. 1575)
- November 24 - Sethus Calvisius, German calendar reformer (b. 1556)
- See also 1615 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1615. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1615 at Familypedia
66 people were born in 1615
32 children were born to the 21 women born in 1615
22 people died in 1615
1887 people lived in 1615
Events of the year 1615 at FamilypediaEdit
44 people were married in 1615.
There were 0 military battles in 1615.