|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1600s 1610s 1620s - 1630s - 1640s 1650s 1660s
|Years:||1627 1628 1629 - 1630 - 1631 1632 1633|
|1630 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1630 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- February 22 - Native American Quadequine introduces popcorn to English colonists.
- March 22 - Massachusetts Bay Colony outlaws the possession of cards, dice, and gaming tables.
- March 29 - Great Migration: The ship Arbella and three other ships leave Southampton with 400 passengers headed for the Massachusetts Bay Colony in America.
- June 6 - Swedish warships depart from Stockholm to Germany.
- June 26 - July 6 - Swedish troops under Gustavus Adolphus land in Pomerania, Germany to aid Protestants.
July - DecemberEdit
- July 6 - The Success, last ship of the Winthrop Fleet, lands safely at Salem harbor, Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- July 30 - John Winthrop helps in founding a church in Massachusetts which will later become known as First Church in Boston.
- September 17 - The city of Boston, Massachusetts is founded.
- September 24 - First ship of de Sauce's emigrants arrive at Southampton Hundred on the James River in Virginia.
- November 10-November 11 – Day of Dupes – Marie de' Medici's unsuccessful attempt to oust Richelieu.
- Johann Heinrich Alsted's Encyclopaedia is published.
- The first account of the Childes Tomb story is published.
- Paramaribo is first settled by the British.
- Puritan pamphleteer Dr. Alexander Leighton publishes "Zion's Plea Against Prelacy: An Appeal to Parliament", an attack on Anglican bishops, in London. He was sentenced by Archbishop William Laud's High Commission Court to public whipping, branding, and having his ears cut off.
- First year of Deccan famine in India--which will kill some 2,000,000 in 3 years
|Gregorian calendar|| 1630 |
|Ab urbe condita||2383|
|Armenian calendar|| 1079 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-214 – -213|
|Coptic calendar||1346 – 1347|
|Ethiopian calendar||1622 – 1623|
|Hebrew calendar||5390 – 5391|
|- Vikram Samvat||1685 – 1686|
|- Shaka Samvat||1552 – 1553|
|- Kali Yuga||4731 – 4732|
|Iranian calendar||1008 – 1009|
|Islamic calendar||1039 – 1040|
|Japanese calendar|| Kan'ei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2290|
|Thai solar calendar||2173|
- January 11 - John Rogers, American President of Harvard (died 1684)
- January 25 - Louis VI (d. 1678)
- February 19 - Shivaji, founder of the Maratha Empire (died 1680)
- April 28 - Charles Cotton, English poet (died 1687)
- May 29 - King Charles II of England Scotland, and Ireland (died 1685)
- August 1 - Thomas Clifford, English statesman (died 1673)
- October 14 - Sophia of Hanover, heir to the throne of Great Britain (died 1714)
- October - John Tillotson, Archbishop of Canterbury (died 1694)
- November 24 - Etienne Baluze, French scholar (died 1718)
- November 27 - Archduke Sigismund Francis of Austria, regent of Tyrol and Further Austria (died 1665)
- date unknown
- See also 1630 births.
- January 26 - Henry Briggs, English mathematician (born 1556)
- February 12 - Fynes Moryson, English traveler and writer (born 1566)
- February 26 - William Brade, English composer (born 1560)
- April 29 - Agrippa d'Aubigné, French poet and soldier (born 1552)
- July 16 - Charles Emmanuel I (born 1562)
- September 17 - Thomas Lake, English statesman (born 1567)
- September 18 - Melchior Klesl, Austrian cardinal and statesman (born 1552)
- September 20 - Claudio Saracini, Italian composer (born 1586)
- September 25 - Ambrosio Spinola, Spanish general (born 1569)
- November 15 - Johannes Kepler, German astronomer (born 1571)
- November 19 - Johann Schein, German composer (born 1586)
- date unknown
- See also 1630 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1630. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1630 at Familypedia
84 people were born in 1630
49 children were born to the 34 women born in 1630
46 people died in 1630
2291 people lived in 1630
Events of the year 1630 at FamilypediaEdit
56 people were married in 1630.
There were 0 military battles in 1630.