|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 130s 140s 150s - 160s - 170s 180s 190s
|Years:||162 163 164 - 165 - 166 167 168|
|Gregorian calendar|| 165 |
|Ab urbe condita||918|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1679 – -1678|
|Coptic calendar||-119 – -118|
|Ethiopian calendar||157 – 158|
|Hebrew calendar||3925 – 3926|
|- Vikram Samvat||220 – 221|
|- Shaka Samvat||87 – 88|
|- Kali Yuga||3266 – 3267|
|Iranian calendar||457 BP – 456 BP|
|Islamic calendar||471 BH – 470 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 825|
|Thai solar calendar||708|
- A Roman military operation under Avidius Cassius is successful against Parthia, capturing Artaxata, Seleucia, and Ctesiphon. The Parthians sue for peace.
- A pandemic known as the Antonine Plague breaks out in Rome after the Roman army returns from Parthia. The plague significantly depopulates the empire.
- Legio II Italica is levied by Marcus Aurelius.
- The Romans establish a garrison at Doura Europos on the Euphrates, a control point for the commercial route to the Persian Gulf.
- Avidius Cassius takes Nisibis and conquers the north of Mesopotamia.
- Marcus Aurelius creates four legal districts (iuridici) in Italy (5 if Rome is included).
- The philosopher Justin of Nablus is executed in Rome as a Christian.
- Discourse to the Greek (Oratio ad Graecos), by the Syrian Tatian, is the first treatise on the evils of paganism in Christian literature.
- Justin Martyr, early apologist for Christianity
- Claudius Ptolemaeus, Greek astronomer (approximate date)
- Empress Deng Mengnu
People of the year 165 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 165
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 165
0 people died in 165
4 people lived in 165
Events of the year 165 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 165.
There were 0 military battles in 165.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 165. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|