|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:||1620s 1630s 1640s - 1650s - 1660s 1670s 1680s|
|Years:|| 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654|
1655 1656 1657 1658 1659
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Significant Events and TrendsEdit
- Cape Town founded by the Dutch East India Company in South Africa.
- Anglo-Dutch Wars begin.
- Oliver Cromwell takes over England during an interregnum
- Massacre of the Waldensians in 1655 by troops of Charles Emmanuel II prompting John Milton's sonnet "On the Late Massacre in Piedmont".
- 1658: After his father Shah Jahan completes the Taj Mahal, his son Aurangzeb deposes him as ruler of the Mughal Empire.
- Origin of Quakers
- The Northern Wars cement Sweden's rise as a Great Power.
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 - 1715).
- King Frederick III of Denmark (1648 - 1670).
- Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, Scotland and Ireland (1653 - 1658).
- Richard Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, Scotland and Ireland (1658 - 1659).
- Ferdinand III (1637 - 1657).
- Leopold I (1658 - 1705).
- King John II of Poland (1649 - 1668).
- King John IV of Portugal (1640 - 1656).
- King Afonso VI of Portugal (1656 - 1667).
- Tsar Aleksey I of Russia (1645 - 1676).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621 - 1665).
- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632 - 1654).
- King Charles X of Sweden (1654 - 1660).
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1650s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|