|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:||1630s 1640s 1650s - 1660s - 1670s 1680s 1690s|
|Years:|| 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664|
1665 1666 1667 1668 1669
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- Samuel Pepys begins his famous diary in 1660 and ends it, due to failing eyesight in 1669.
- The French East India Company is founded in 1664.
- The Great Plague 1665 in England. It is considered an outbreak of bubonic plague.
- The Great Fire of London 1666. Most of the City of London is destroyed. However, many of the rats considered responsible for the Great Plague are burned and the epidemic soon ceases.
- Piracy in the Caribbean is at its climax, the main bases being Port Royal and Tortuga.
- King Frederick III of Denmark (1648 - 1670).
- King Charles II of England (1660 - 1685).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 - 1715).
- Leopold I (1658 - 1705).
- King John II of Poland (1649 - 1668).
- King Michael Korybut Wisniowiecki of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1669 - 1673).
- King Afonso VI of Portugal (1656 - 1667).
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667 - 1706).
- Tsar Aleksey I of Russia (1645 - 1676).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621 - 1665).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665 - 1700).
- King Charles X of Sweden (1654 - 1660).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660 - 1697).
- Padshah Aurangazeb of the Mughal Empire(1658-1707)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1660s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|