|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1630s 1640s 1650s - 1660s - 1670s 1680s 1690s
|Years:||1665 1666 1667 - 1668 - 1669 1670 1671|
|1668 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1668 Edit
January - June Edit
- January - The Triple Alliance of 1668 is formed.
- February 13 - In Lisbon, a peace treaty is established between Afonso VI of Portugal and Carlos II of Spain, by mediation of Charles II of England where is recognized the legitimacy of the Portuguese monarch. Portugal yields Ceuta to Spain.
July - December Edit
- Mid-July: Henry Morgan sacks Portobello,taking a lot of treasure.
- Mid-July:Henry Morgan sacks Panama City,but very little money comes and the city is burned.
- The first Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle ends the War of Devolution.
- Bishop Isaac Barrow founds the Bishop Barrow Trust to establish a university on the Isle of Man (King William's College).
- First performance of Molière's comedy, L'Avare.
- The British East India Company takes over Bombay.
- Foundation of the First National Bank of Europe in Stockholm, Sweden, Riksbank.
- Emperor Yohannes I of Ethiopia convenes a church council in Gondar, which decides to expel all Roman Catholics in Ethiopia.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1668 |
|Ab urbe condita||2421|
|Armenian calendar|| 1117 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-176 – -175|
|Coptic calendar||1384 – 1385|
|Ethiopian calendar||1660 – 1661|
|Hebrew calendar||5428 – 5429|
|- Vikram Samvat||1723 – 1724|
|- Shaka Samvat||1590 – 1591|
|- Kali Yuga||4769 – 4770|
|Iranian calendar||1046 – 1047|
|Islamic calendar||1078 – 1079|
|Japanese calendar|| Kanbun
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2328|
|Thai solar calendar||2211|
- April 20 - Yuri Troubetzkoy, Governor of Belgorod (d. 1739)
- May 8 - Alain-René Lesage, French writer (d. 1747)
- June 23 - Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher and historian (d. 1744)
- October 18 - John George IV (d. 1694)
- November 10 - Louis III (d. 1710)
- November 10 - François Couperin, French composer (d. 1733)
- November 11 - Johann Albert Fabricius, German scholar (d. 1736)
- December 31 - Herman Boerhaave, Dutch humanist and physician (d. 1738)
- See also 1668 births.
- January 6 - Luis de Benavides Carrillo (born 1608)
- February 8 - Alessandro Tiarini, painter (born 1577)
- February 21 - John Thurloe, English Puritan spy (born 1616)
- April 7 - Sir William Davenant, English poet (born 1606)
- June 20 - Heinrich Roth, German Sanskrit scholar (born 1620)
- September 19 - Sir William Waller, English Civil War general (born c.1635)
- November 17 - Joseph Alleine, English non-conformist preacher (born 1634)
- November 22 - Adolf William (born 1532)
- See also 1668 deaths.
Heads of stateEdit
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1668. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1668 at Familypedia
56 people were born in 1668
16 children were born to the 24 women born in 1668
35 people died in 1668
3348 people lived in 1668
Events of the year 1668 at FamilypediaEdit
76 people were married in 1668.
There were 0 military battles in 1668.