|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1640s 1650s 1660s - 1670s - 1680s 1690s 1700s
|Years:||1671 1672 1673 - 1674 - 1675 1676 1677|
|1674 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1674 Edit
January - June Edit
- February 19 - England and the Netherlands sign the Treaty of Westminster. A provision of the agreement transfers the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam to England, which renamed it New York
- May 21 - John Sobieski is elected by the nobility to be the King of Poland.
- June 6 - Coronation of Shivaji as Chatrapati Shivaji at Raigad Fort.
July - December Edit
- August 11 - The French army under Louis II de Bourbon defeated the Dutch-Spanish-Austrian army under William III of Orange at Seneffe.
- November 10 - Anglo-Dutch War: As provided in the Treaty of Westminster of 19 February, Netherlands cedes New Netherlands to England.
- December 4 - Father Jacques Marquette founds a mission on the shores of Lake Michigan to minister to the Illinois Indians (the mission would later grow into the city of Chicago).
|Gregorian calendar|| 1674 |
|Ab urbe condita||2427|
|Armenian calendar|| 1123 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-170 – -169|
|Coptic calendar||1390 – 1391|
|Ethiopian calendar||1666 – 1667|
|Hebrew calendar||5434 – 5435|
|- Vikram Samvat||1729 – 1730|
|- Shaka Samvat||1596 – 1597|
|- Kali Yuga||4775 – 4776|
|Iranian calendar||1052 – 1053|
|Islamic calendar||1084 – 1085|
|Japanese calendar|| Enpō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2334|
|Thai solar calendar||2217|
- January 15 - Prosper Jolyot de Crébillon, French writer (d. 1762)
- January 24 - Thomas Tanner, English bishop and antiquarian (d. 1735)
- March - Jethro Tull, English agriculturist (d. 1741)
- July 12 - Abigail Williams, American accuser in the Salem witch trials (d. 1765)
- July 17 - Isaac Watts, English hymnist (d. 1748)
- August 2 - Philip II, regent of France (d. 1723)
- August 9 - František Maxmilián Kaňka, Czech architect (d. 1766)
- December 25 - Thomas Halyburton, Scottish theologian (d. 1712)
- Ki-Khosrow, Persian Governor of Kandahar (d. 1711)
- See also 1674 births.
- January 12 - Giacomo Carissimi Italian composer (born 1605)
- February 22 - Jean Chapelain, French writer (born 1595)
- February 24 - Matthias Weckmann, German composer (born 1616)
- March 8 - Charles Sorel, French writer (born 1597)
- June 14 - Marin le Roy de Gomberville, French writer (born 1600)
- July 2 - Eberhard III (born 1614)
- August 12 - Philippe de Champaigne, French painter (born 1602)
- October - Robert Herrick, English poet (born 1591)
- October 10 - Thomas Traherne, English poet (born c.1637)
- October 22 - Gerbrand van den Eeckhout, Dutch painter (born 1621)
- October 27 - Hallgrímur Pétursson, Icelandic poet (born 1614)
- November 8 - John Milton, English poet (born 1608)
- December 9 - Edward Hyde, English statesman and historian (born 1609)
- See also 1674 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1674. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1674 at Familypedia
65 people were born in 1674
13 children were born to the 16 women born in 1674
43 people died in 1674
3514 people lived in 1674
Events of the year 1674 at FamilypediaEdit
53 people were married in 1674.
There were 0 military battles in 1674.