|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1650s 1660s 1670s - 1680s - 1690s 1700s 1710s
|Years:||1679 1680 1681 - 1682 - 1683 1684 1685|
|1682 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Year 1682 (MDCLXXXII) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a common year starting on Sunday of the 10-day slower Julian calendar).
Events of 1682 Edit
January - June Edit
- March 11 - Chelsea hospital for soldiers is founded in England.
- April 7 - René-Robert Cavelier, exploring rivers in America, reaches the mouth of the Mississippi River.
- April 9 - At the mouth of the Mississippi River, near modern Venice, Robert de La Salle buries an engraved plate and a cross, claiming the territory as "La Louisiane" for France.
- May 6 - Louis XIV of France moves his court to Versailles.
- May 11 - Moscow Uprising of 1682: a mob takes over the Kremlin and lynches the leading boyars and military commanders.
July - December Edit
- July 19 - Iyasus succeeds his father Yohannes I as Emperor of Ethiopia.
- August 12 - Vesuvius begins a period of volcanic activity lasting for ten days.
- September - Halley's comet makes an appearance, and is observed by Edmond Halley himself.
- October 27 - The city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is founded by William Penn.
- René-Robert Cavelier leads a crew of 40, travelling down the Mississippi River and naming the Mississippi basin "Louisiana" in honour of Louis XIV.
- The first black slaves arrive in Germany.
- The Richard Wall House is built in Pennsylvania.
- Bishop Gore School in Swansea, Wales is founded.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1682 |
|Ab urbe condita||2435|
|Armenian calendar|| 1131 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-162 – -161|
|Coptic calendar||1398 – 1399|
|Ethiopian calendar||1674 – 1675|
|Hebrew calendar||5442 – 5443|
|- Vikram Samvat||1737 – 1738|
|- Shaka Samvat||1604 – 1605|
|- Kali Yuga||4783 – 4784|
|Iranian calendar||1060 – 1061|
|Islamic calendar||1092 – 1094|
|Japanese calendar|| Tenna
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2342|
|Thai solar calendar||2225|
- February 25 - Giovanni Battista Morgagni, Italian anatomist (died 1771)
- April 16 - John Hadley, inventor (died 1744)
- June 27 - King Charles XII of Sweden (died 1718)
- July 10 - Roger Cotes, English mathematician (died 1716)
- August 16 - Louis, duc de Bourgogne, heir to the throne of France (died 1712)
- October 29 - Pierre François Xavier de Charlevoix, French historian (died 1761)
- See also 1682 births.
- February 25 - Alessandro Stradella, Italian composer (born 1644)
- March 14 - Jacob Isaakszoon van Ruysdael, Dutch painter (born c.1628)
- April 1 - Franz Egon of Fürstenberg, Bishop of Strassburg (born 1625)
- April 3 - Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, Spanish painter (born 1618)
- May 7 - Tsar Feodor III of Russia (born 1661)
- July 12 - Jean Picard, French astronomer (born 1620)
- September 8 - Juan Caramuel y Lobkowitz, Spanish writer (born 1606)
- October 19 - Sir Thomas Browne English author, physician, and philosopher (born 1605)
- November 19 - Prince Rupert of the Rhine, Royalist commander in the English Civil War (born 1619)
- November 23 - Claude Lorrain French painter (born c.1600)
- date unknown
- See also 1682 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1682. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1682 at Familypedia
67 people were born in 1682
32 children were born to the 26 women born in 1682
42 people died in 1682
3272 people lived in 1682
Events of the year 1682 at FamilypediaEdit
42 people were married in 1682.
There were 0 military battles in 1682.