|Centuries:||16th century - 17th century - 18th century|
|Decades:|| 1660s 1670s 1680s - 1690s - 1700s 1710s 1720s
|Years:||1690 1691 1692 - 1693 - 1694 1695 1696|
|1693 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
Events of 1693 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- January 11 - Eruption of Mt. Etna.
- February 8 - The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg is granted a Royal charter from King William III and Queen Mary II of England.
- May 18 - Forces of Louis XIV of France attack Heidelberg (now Germany), the Palatine capital.
- May 22 - The town of Heidelberg is taken by invading French forces, and the castle is surrendered on May 23.
- May - After the castle is surrendered, French forces blow up the towers of Heidelberg Castle using mines.
July - DecemberEdit
- China concentrates all its foreign trade to Canton – European ships are forbidden to land anywhere else.
- Sect of Amish is formed.
- Knights of the Apocalypse are formed in Italy.
- Academia operosorum Labacensis is established in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Financier Richard Hoare founds Hoare's Bank in London.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1693 |
|Ab urbe condita||2446|
|Armenian calendar|| 1142 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-151 – -150|
|Coptic calendar||1409 – 1410|
|Ethiopian calendar||1685 – 1686|
|Hebrew calendar||5453 – 5454|
|- Vikram Samvat||1748 – 1749|
|- Shaka Samvat||1615 – 1616|
|- Kali Yuga||4794 – 4795|
|Iranian calendar||1071 – 1072|
|Islamic calendar||1104 – 1105|
|Japanese calendar|| Genroku
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2353|
|Thai solar calendar||2236|
- February 7 - Empress Anna I of Russia (died 1740)
- February 24 - James Quin, English actor (died 1766)
- March 5 - Johann Jakob Wettstein, Swiss theologian (died 1754)
- March 7 - Pope Clement XIII (died 1769)
- March 24 - John Harrison, English clockmaker (died 1776)
- April 3 - George Edwards, English naturalist (died 1773)
- June 17 - Johann Georg Walch, German theologian (died 1775)
- July 21 - Thomas Pelham-Holles, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (died 1768)
- August 8 - Laurent Belissen, French composer (died 1762)
- September 3 - Charles Radclyffe, British politician (died 1746)
- date unknown - Thomas Secker, Archbishop of Canterbury (died 1768)
- See also 1693 births.
- February 7 - Paul Pellisson, French writer (born 1624)
- April 5 - Anne, French writer (born 1627)
- April 9 - Roger de Rabutin, French writer (born 1618)
- May 3 - Claude de Rouvroy, French courtier (born 1607)
- May 25 - Marie-Madeleine Pioche de la Vergne, French writer (born 1634)
- June 2 - John Wildman, English soldier and politician (born c.1621)
- July 12 - John Ashby, English admiral (born c.1640)
- September 19 - Janez Vajkard Valvasor, Slovenian nobleman and polymath (born 1641)
- October 1 - Pedro Abarca, Spanish theologian (born 1619)
- November 24 - William Sancroft, Archbishop of Canterbury (born 1616)
- See also 1693 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1693. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1693 at Familypedia
50 people were born in 1693
13 children were born to the 17 women born in 1693
49 people died in 1693
3101 people lived in 1693
Events of the year 1693 at FamilypediaEdit
48 people were married in 1693.
There were 0 military battles in 1693.