|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:|| 1670s 1680s 1690s - 1700s - 1710s 1720s 1730s
|Years:||1699 1700 1701 - 1702 - 1703 1704 1705|
|1702 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature (Poetry) – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Year 1702 (MDCCII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a common year starting on Wednesday of the 11-day slower Julian calendar). 1702 of the Swedish calendar was a common year starting on Tuesday, one day ahead of the Julian calendar.
Events of 1702 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- January 12 - In America, ships from Fort Maurepas arrive at Twenty-Seven Mile Bluff to build Fort Louis de la Mobile (future Mobile) to become capital of French Louisiana.
- March 8 - William III died; Princess Anne Stuart becomes Queen Anne of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The States doesn't appoint a new stadtholder, so the United Provinces become a true republic again.
- March 11 (O.S.)- The first regular English language newspaper, The Daily Courant. is published for the first time.
- May - Warsaw is conquered by Charles XII of Sweden, who later the same year defeat Poland again at the Battle of Kliszow.
- May 4/14 - The War of the Spanish Succession widens, as war is declared on France by the Grand Alliance.
- June - Queen Anne's Captain-General John Churchill forces the surrender of Kaiserswerth on the Rhine
July - DecemberEdit
- September - Churchill forces the surrender of Venlo on the River Meuse.
- October 27 - English troops plunder St. Augustine in Florida.
- October - Sir George Rooke fails to take Cádiz, but captures a Spanish treasure fleet and destroys French and Spanish warships. Churchill forces the surrender of Liège.
- December 14 - John Churchill is created Duke of Marlborough.
- December 15 - Forty-Seven Ronin, formerly in the service of Asano Naganori, assault the household of Kira Yoshinaka, and kill him in vengeance for their lord. Their display of the ideals of bushido becomes a national legend.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1702 |
|Ab urbe condita||2455|
|Armenian calendar|| 1151 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-142 – -141|
|Coptic calendar||1418 – 1419|
|Ethiopian calendar||1694 – 1695|
|Hebrew calendar||5462 – 5463|
|- Vikram Samvat||1757 – 1758|
|- Shaka Samvat||1624 – 1625|
|- Kali Yuga||4803 – 4804|
|Iranian calendar||1080 – 1081|
|Islamic calendar||1113 – 1114|
|Japanese calendar|| Genroku
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2362|
|Thai solar calendar||2245|
- January 14 - Emperor Nakamikado of Japan (d. 1737)
- February 10 - Carlo Marchionni, Italian architect (d. 1786)
- March 4 - Jack Sheppard, British burglar and escapee (d. 1724)
- March 27 - Johann Ernst Eberlin, German composer (d. 1762)
- May 2 - Friedrich Christoph Oetinger, German theologian (d. 1782)
- June 26 - Philip Doddridge, English religious leader (d. 1751)
- July 31 - Jean Denis Attiret, French Jesuit missionary and painter (d. 1768)
- August 15 - Francesco Zuccarelli, painter, elected to the Venetian Academy in 1763 (d. 1788)
- See also 1702 births.
- March 8 - William III of Orange/King William III of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland (b. 1650)
- April 23 - Margaret Fell, English Quaker leader (b. 1614)
- April 27 - Jean Bart, French admiral (b. 1651)
- May 27 - Dominique Bouhours, French critic (b. 1628)
- September 28 - Robert Spencer, English statesman (b. 1640)
- November 4 - John Benbow, English admiral (b. 1653)
- See also 1702 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1702. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1702 at Familypedia
66 people were born in 1702
38 children were born to the 30 women born in 1702
40 people died in 1702
3672 people lived in 1702
Events of the year 1702 at FamilypediaEdit
37 people were married in 1702.
There were 1 military battles in 1702.
|Battle of Kliszów||8 July 1702|