Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:|| 1690s 1700s 1710s - 1720s - 1730s 1740s 1750s
|Years:||1724 1725 1726 - 1727 - 1728 1729 1730|
|1727 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature (Poetry) – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Year 1727 (MDCCXXVII) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar (or a common year starting on Sunday of the 11-day slower Julian calendar).
Events of 1727 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- June 11 - George, Prince of Wales becomes King George II of Great Britain.
- June 27 - Uxbridge is incorporated as a Town.
July - DecemberEdit
- September 8 - A barn fire during a puppet show in the village of Burwell in Cambs kills 78 people, many of whom are children.
- November 18 - Earthquake in Tazriz, Persia: about 77,000 dead.
- 1727 to 1800 - Lt. Col. Francisco de Melo Palheta smuggles coffee seeds to Brazil in a bouquet starting a coffee empire.
- Last execution for witchcraft in Scotland.
- The first Amish move to America.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland is founded by royal charter in Edinburgh.
- Catholic Charities is founded in New Orleans, USA, by the French Ursuline Sisters.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1727 |
|Ab urbe condita||2480|
|Armenian calendar|| 1176 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-117 – -116|
|Coptic calendar||1443 – 1444|
|Ethiopian calendar||1719 – 1720|
|Hebrew calendar||5487 – 5488|
|- Vikram Samvat||1782 – 1783|
|- Shaka Samvat||1649 – 1650|
|- Kali Yuga||4828 – 4829|
|Iranian calendar||1105 – 1106|
|Islamic calendar||1139 – 1140|
|Japanese calendar|| Kyōhō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2387|
|Thai solar calendar||2270|
- January 2 - James Wolfe, British general (died 1759)
- May 10 - Anne Robert Turgot, French statesman (died 1781)
- May 14 - Thomas Gainsborough, English artist (died 1788)
- November 26 - Artemas Ward, American Major General (died 1800)
- December 6 - Johann Gottfried Zinn (died 1757)
- December 27 - Arthur Murphy, Irish writer (died 1805)
- See also 1727 births.
- February 22 - Francesco Gasparini, Italian composer (born 1661)
- March 31 - Sir Isaac Newton, British scientist (born 1642)
- May 17 - Empress Catherine I of Russia (born 1684)
- June 8 - August Hermann Francke, German Protestant minister (born 1663)
- June 11 - King George I of Great Britain (born 1660)
- July 23 - Simon Harcourt, Lord Chancellor of Great Britain (born c.1660)
- August 4 - Victor-Maurice, French general (born 1647)
- August 14 - William Croft, English composer (born 1678)
- September 7 - Glückel of Hameln, German businesswoman and diarist (born 1647)
- September 25 - Jakob Abbadie, Swiss Protestant preacher (born c.1654)
- November 10 - Alphonse de Tonty, French explorer and American settler (born 1659)
People of the year 1727 at Familypedia
53 people were born in 1727
21 children were born to the 19 women born in 1727
71 people died in 1727
3223 people lived in 1727
Events of the year 1727 at FamilypediaEdit
52 people were married in 1727.
There were 0 military battles in 1727.
- See also 1727 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1727. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|