Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:|| 1700s 1710s 1720s - 1730s - 1740s 1750s 1760s
|Years:||1728 1729 1730 - 1731 - 1732 1733 1734|
|1731 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology – Architecture –|
|Art – Literature (Poetry) – Music – Science|
|Leaders: State leaders – Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Births – Deaths – Marriages|
Events of 1731 Edit
January - JuneEdit
- March 16 - Treaty of Vienna signed between the Holy Roman Empire, Great Britain, the Dutch Republic and Spain.
July - DecemberEdit
- John Bevis observes the Crab Nebula for the first time.
- Royal Colony of North Carolina Governor George Burrington asks the North Carolina General Assembly to pass an act establishing a town on the Cape Fear River in what is seen as a political move to shift the power away from the powerful Cape Fear plantation class. The town is laid out in 1733 and later incorporated as Wilmington in 1740.
- Royal theatre of Mantua (Italy) built by Ferdinando Galli Bibiena.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1731 |
|Ab urbe condita||2484|
|Armenian calendar|| 1180 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-113 – -112|
|Coptic calendar||1447 – 1448|
|Ethiopian calendar||1723 – 1724|
|Hebrew calendar||5491 – 5492|
|- Vikram Samvat||1786 – 1787|
|- Shaka Samvat||1653 – 1654|
|- Kali Yuga||4832 – 4833|
|Iranian calendar||1109 – 1110|
|Islamic calendar||1143 – 1144|
|Japanese calendar|| Kyōhō
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2391|
|Thai solar calendar||2274|
- February - Charles Churchill, English poet (died 1764)
- February 11 - George Washington, First President USA born
- May 8 - Beilby Porteus, Bishop of London and abolitionist (died 1809)
- June 21 - Martha Washington, First Lady of the United States (died 1802)
- August - Henry Constantine Jennings, English gambler and collector (died 1819)
- October 10 - Henry Cavendish, English scientist (died 1810)
- November 9 -Benjamin Banneker, American surveyor of the District of Columbia (died 1806)
- November 15 - William Cowper, English poet (died 1800)
- December 8 - František Xaver Dušek, Czech composer (died 1799)
- December 12 - Erasmus Darwin, English scientist and grandfather of Charles Darwin (died 1802)
- See also 1731 births.
- January 6 - Étienne François Geoffroy, French chemist (born 1672)
- January 21 - Thomas Woolston, English theologian (born 1669)
- January 27 - Bartolomeo Cristofori, Italian maker of musical instruments (born 1655)
- February 22 - Frederik Ruysch, Dutch physician and anatomist (born 1638)
- March 8 - Ferdinand Brokoff, Czech sculptor (born 1688)
- April 24 - Daniel Defoe, English writer (born 1660)
- May 1 - Johann Ludwig Bach, German composer (born 1677)
- August 27- Eudoxia Lopukhina, divorced wife of Peter the Great of Russia (b. 1669)
- December 26 - Antoine Houdar de la Motte, French writer (born 1672)
- December 29 - Brook Taylor, English mathematician (born 1685)
- See also 1731 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1731. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 1731 at Familypedia
56 people were born in 1731
37 children were born to the 24 women born in 1731
39 people died in 1731
3191 people lived in 1731
Events of the year 1731 at FamilypediaEdit
45 people were married in 1731.
There were 0 military battles in 1731.