Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:||1710s 1720s 1730s - 1740s - 1750s 1760s 1770s|
|Years:|| 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744|
1745 1746 1747 1748 1749
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- Frederick II ascends the throne of Prussia, upon the death of his father "the soldier-king".
- Frederick II of Prussia invades the Austrian province of Silesia more or less starting the inevitable conflict known as the War of Austrian Succession (1740-1748).
- Bonnie Prince Charlie captures Edinburgh. The original version of God Save the Queen (at the time, it was God Save the King) is sung in England as a rallying cry to defeat Bonnie Prince Charlie.
- Louis XV King of France (king from 1715 to 1774)
- Frederick II (later known as "the great") inherited the throne from his father, he ruled prussia from 1740 to 1786 (as King in Prussia from 1740 to 1772 and as King of Prussia from 1772 until his death in 1786)
- Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia and Hungary
- George II King of Great Britain (king from 1727 to 1760)
- Philip V King of Spain (king from 1700 to 1746)
- Ferdinand VI King of Spain (king from 1746 to 1759)
- Afsharid dynasty of Persia
- Shahu 1707-1749
- Balaji Baji Rao1740-1761
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1740s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|