Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||17th century - 18th century - 19th century|
|Decades:||1730s 1740s 1750s - 1760s - 1770s 1780s 1790s|
|Years:|| 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764|
1765 1766 1767 1768 1769
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and TrendsEdit
- King George III ascends the British throne in 1760. The Seven Years' War (1756 - 1763) comes to an end and France cedes Canada to Britain, yet criticism of the government grows, led by the controversial figure of John Wilkes. Meanwhile, unrest begins to make itself felt in Britain's American colonies.
- Science and Technology - development of the steam engine continues at pace.
World Leaders Edit
- Emperor Qianlong (Ch'ien Lung) (China)
- King Frederick V (Denmark and Norway)
- King Christian VII (Denmark and Norway)
- King Louis XV (France)
- Mughal Empire
- Hyder Ali(Mysore)
- King Augustus III (Poland)
- King José I (Portugal)
- King Frederick II (Prussia)
- Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia and Hungary
- Czar Peter III (Russia)
- Czarina Catherine II (the Great) (Russia)
- King Carlos III (Spain)
- King Adolf Fredrik (Sweden)
- Sultan Mustafa III (Ottoman Empire)
- King George III (United Kingdom)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1760s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|