|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 140s 150s 160s - 170s - 180s 190s 200s
|Years:||176 177 178 - 179 - 180 181 182|
|179 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 179 |
|Ab urbe condita||932|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1665 – -1664|
|Coptic calendar||-105 – -104|
|Ethiopian calendar||171 – 172|
|Hebrew calendar||3939 – 3940|
|- Vikram Samvat||234 – 235|
|- Shaka Samvat||101 – 102|
|- Kali Yuga||3280 – 3281|
|Iranian calendar||443 BP – 442 BP|
|Islamic calendar||457 BH – 456 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 839|
|Thai solar calendar||722|
- Roman fort Castra Regina ("fortress by the Regen river") is built at Regensburg, Germany.
- Roman legionaries engrave on the rock of the Trenčín Castle (Slovakia) the name of the town Laugaritio, marking the northernmost point of Roman presence in that part of Europe.
- Marcus Aurelius drives the Marcomanni out of the empire for good, and reinforces the border. To repopulate and rebuild a devastated Pannonia, Rome allows the first German colonists to enter territory controlled by Rome.
- Abgar IX the Great becomes King of Edessa.
- Gogukcheon succeeds his father Shindae as King of Goguryeo.
People of the year 179 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 179
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 179
0 people died in 179
4 people lived in 179
Events of the year 179 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 179.
There were 0 military battles in 179.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 179. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|