|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||18th century BC · 17th century BC · 16th century BC|
|Decades:|| 1690s BC 1680s BC 1670s BC 1660s BC 1650s BC|
1640s BC 1630s BC 1620s BC 1610s BC 1600s BC
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- c. 1700 BC — The last species of mammoth became extinct on Wrangel Island.
- c. 1700 BC: Indus Valley Civilization comes to an end but is continued by the Cemetery H culture
- 1700 BC — Belu-bani became the King of Assyria.
- c. 1700 BC — beginning of the Late Minoan period on Crete
- c. 1700 BC — Lila-Ir-Tash started to rule the Elamite Empire.
- c. 1698 BC — Lila-Ir-Tash the ruler of the Elamite Empire died. Temti-Agun I started to rule the Elamite Empire.
- 1691 BC — Belu-bani, the King of Assyria died.
- c. 1690 BC — Temti-Agun I, the ruler of the Elamite Empire, died. Tan-Uli started to rule the Elamite Empire.
- 1690 BC — Libaia became the King of Assyria.
- 1680s BC — Egypt: Start of Sixteenth Dynasty.
- 1680s BC — Egypt: Development of leavened bread (date approximate).
- 1670s BC — Egypt: Start of Fifteenth Dynasty.
- 1673 BC — Sharma-Adad I became the King of Assyria.
- 1661 BC — Iptar-Sin became the King of Assyria.
- 1650s BC — Egypt: Start of Seventeenth Dynasty.
- c. 1655 BC — Tan-Uli, the ruler of the Elamite Empire, died.
- 1649 BC — Bazaia became the King of Assyria.
- 1633 BC — End of the Thirteenth and Fourteenth dynasties of Egypt, start of the Fifteenth dynasty.
- 1627 BC – Beginn of a several years lasting cooling of world climate recorded in tree-rings all over the world.
- 1625 BC — Samsu-Ditana becomes King of Babylon (middle chronology).
- 1621 BC — Lullaia becomes the King of Assyria.
- 1620 BC — Mursili I becomes King of the Hittite Empire (middle chronology).
- 1615 BC — Shu-Ninua became the King of Assyria.
- 1601 BC — Sharma-Adad II became the King of Assyria.
- 1600s BC — Egypt: End of Fourteenth Dynasty.
- 1600s BC — The creation of one of the oldest surviving astronomical documents, a copy of which was found in the Babylonian library of Ashurbanipal: a 21-year record of the appearances of Venus (which the early Babylonians called Nindaranna).
- 1600s BC — The end of the Indus Valley civilization.
- 1600s BC — The overthrow of the ruling Amorite dynasty in Aleppo, Syria.
- 1600s BC — The date of the earliest discovered rubber balls.
- 1600s BC — Egypt conquered by Asian tribes known as the Hyksos — see History of ancient Israel and Judah.
- Unetice culture
- Development of leavened bread in Egypt.
- Development of the windmill in Persia.
- Jie , The last ruler of Xia Dynasty, ruled China for 52 years until 1600 BC according to the Xia Shang Zhou Chronology Project.
- 1695 BC — Sarah, wife of Abraham, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1686 BC — Hammurabi (short chronology)
- 1684 BC — Heremon, Irish legend
- 1677 BC — Terah, father of Abraham, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1664 BC — Arpachshad, son of Ham, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1637 BC — Abraham according to Jewish calculations. (2,123 years after biblical creation)
- 1634 BC — Shelah, son of Arpachshad, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1602 BC — Shem, son of Noah, according to the Hebrew Calendar
Decades and yearsEdit
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 17th century BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|