Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:|| 1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s
|Years:||1807 1808 1809 - 1810 - 1811 1812 1813|
|1810 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology - Architecture -|
|Art - Literature (Poetry) - Music - Science|
|Sports - Rail Transport|
|Countries: Australia - Canada - France - Germany - Ireland - Mexico - New Zealand - Norway - South Africa - UK - USA|
|Leaders: State leaders - Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments - Disestablishments|
| Births - Marriages - Deaths
Events of 1810 Edit
January - MarchEdit
- January 10 - Marriage of Napoleon and Josephine is annulled.
- January 20 - Tyrolean rebel leader Andreas Hofer executed.
- March 4 - French Army, under the command of Massena retreats from Portugal
- March 11 - Napoleon marries Marie-Louise of Austria.
April - JuneEdit
- April 19 - Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparán, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- April 27 - Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- May 1 - Macon's Bill No. 2 becomes law.
- May 10 - Revolutionary occupation of Buenos Aires town hall.
- May 25 - In the May Revolution, Armed citizens of Buenos Aires expel the Viceroy from Spain and establish a provincial government for Argentina.
- June 4 - Founding of The Society in Dedham for Apprehending Horse Thieves in Dedham.
- June 8 - Birth of Robert Schumann, German composer.
- June 23 - John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
July - SeptemberEdit
- July 9 - Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland.
- July 20 - Colombia declares independence from Spain.
- August 6 - City of Santa Cruz de Mompox, in modern-day Colombia, declares independence from the Spanish Empire.
- August 21 - Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- September 8 - The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor's newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six month journey around the tip of South America, the ship will arrive at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor's men will establish fur-trading town of Astoria.
- September 16 - Grito de Dolores. Miguel Hidalgo, a catholic priest from Guanajuato incited the revolt that would become Mexico's Independence War.
- September 18 - Chile forms the National Junta, which is their first passage towards independency.
- September 26 - A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
October - DecemberEdit
- October 12 - First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
- October 27 - USA annexes West Florida from Spain.
- November 10 - the Berners Street Hoax - Theodore Hook manages to attract dozens of people to 53 Berners Street in London.
- Amadou Lobbo initiates his jihad in present-day Mali.
- Ching Shih and Chang Pao surrender their pirate fleet to the Chinese government.
- First steamboat on the Ohio River.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe publishes his Theory of Colours.
- King George III of the United Kingdom recognized as insane.
- Moose became extinct in Caucasus by this date.
- Russia acquires Sukhumi through a treaty with Abkhazian dukes, and declares a protectorate over the whole of Abkhazia.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1810 |
|Ab urbe condita||2563|
|Armenian calendar|| 1259 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-34 – -33|
|Coptic calendar||1526 – 1527|
|Ethiopian calendar||1802 – 1803|
|Hebrew calendar||5570 – 5571|
|- Vikram Samvat||1865 – 1866|
|- Shaka Samvat||1732 – 1733|
|- Kali Yuga||4911 – 4912|
|Iranian calendar||1188 – 1189|
|Islamic calendar||1224 – 1225|
|Japanese calendar|| Bunka
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2470|
|Thai solar calendar||2353|
January - JuneEdit
- January 3 - Antoine Thomson d'Abbadie, Irish-French geographer (died 1897)
- February 5 - Ole Bull, Norwegian violinist (died 1880)
- February 22 - Frédéric Chopin, Polish composer and pianist (died 1849)
- March 2 - Pope Leo XIII (died 1903)
- March 10 - Samuel Ferguson, Northern Irish poet and artist (died 1886)
- May 2 - Hans Christian Lumbye, Danish composer (died 1874)
- May 23 - Margaret Fuller, American journalist and feminist (died 1850)
- June 8 - Robert Schumann, German composer and pianist (died 1856)
July - DecemberEdit
- July 5 - P. T. Barnum, American showman (died 1891)
- July 21 - Henri Victor Regnault, French chemist and physicist (died 1878)
- September 2 - William Seymour Tyler, American educator and historian (died 1897)
- September 29 - Elizabeth Gaskell, British novelist (died 1865)
- October 10 - James W. Marshall, American contractor and builder of Sutter's Mill (died 1885)
- December 11 - Alfred de Musset, French poet (died 1857)
- See also 1810 births.
January - JuneEdit
- January 20 - Benjamin Chew, Chief Justice of colonial Pennsylvania (born 1722)
- February 20 - Andreas Hofer, Tyrolean national hero (executed) (born 1767)
- February 24 - Henry Cavendish, British scientist (born 1731)
- March 7 - Cuthbert Collingwood, British admiral (born 1750)
- June 7 - Luigi Schiavonetti, Italian engraver (born 1765)
July - DecemberEdit
- July 19 - Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen of Prussia (born 1776)
- August 12 - Etienne Louis Geoffroy, French pharmacist and entomologist (born 1725)
- October 15 - Alfred Moore, American judge (born 1755)
- November 11 - Johann Zoffany, German-born painter (born 1733)
- November 11 - John Laurance, American attorney, statesman, and judge (born 1750)
- See also 1810 deaths.
People of the year 1810 at Familypedia
160 people were born in 1810
122 children were born to the 72 women born in 1810
77 people died in 1810
5777 people lived in 1810
Events of the year 1810 at FamilypediaEdit
106 people were married in 1810.
There were 0 military battles in 1810.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1810. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|