|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:||1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s|
|Years:|| 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814|
1815 1816 1817 1818 1819
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and TrendsEdit
- End of the Napoleonic Wars in Europe (1803 - 1815).
- The North American War of 1812 between the United States and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The war lasted until the beginning of 1815.
- The Luddites (1811 - 1816) in Britain were machine-wreckers, protesting against machines perceived as taking their jobs.
- The Spanish colony of New Granada declares independence as the Republic of Gran Colombia under President Simón Bolívar (1819 - 1828).
- The Congress of Vienna reshapes the map of Europe after the defeat of Napoleon and introduces a policy of reaction and restoration throughout Europe (1814-1815)
- This is the only decade after the 1770s in which no past or future President of the United States was either born or died.
- Gas lighting becomes a practical technology and is implemented in cities in Europe and the United States.
- Edgar Allan Poe, an American poet, is born in 1809
- Gothic genre is popular (used by Poe)
- The Third Anglo Maratha War is fought between the Marathas and the British East India Company troops in the year 1818 resulting in the defeat of the Peshwa and annihilation of the Maratha confederacy and British annexation of Central India. The last Peshwa is exiled to Bithur near Kanpur. His adopted son and heir Nana Saheb was one of the principal revolutionary commanders in the Indian Mutiny
- Emperor Francis II (Austria)
- Chancellor Klemens Wenzel von Metternich (Austria)
- King Frederick William III of Prussia (Prussia)
- Jiaqing Emperor (China)
- Emperor Napoleon I (First French Empire)
- King Louis XVIII (Restoration France)
- Pope Pius VII
- Emperor Alexander I (Russia)
- King Ferdinand VII (Spain)
- King George III (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland), with his son as regent (see English Regency).
- President James Madison (United States)
- President James Monroe (United States)
- Akbar II (Mughal Empire)
- Baji Rao II (Peshwa of the Marathas) 1795-1818
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh(Punjab)
- Fath Ali Shah of Qajar dynasty (Persia)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1810s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|