|Centuries:||18th century - 19th century - 20th century|
|Decades:|| 1790s 1800s 1810s - 1820s - 1830s 1840s 1850s
|Years:||1825 1826 1827 - 1828 - 1829 1830 1831|
|1828 in topic:|
|Subjects: Archaeology - Architecture -|
|Art - Literature (Poetry) - Music - Science|
|Sports - Rail Transport|
|Countries: Australia - Canada - France - Germany - Ireland - Mexico - New Zealand - Norway - South Africa - UK - USA|
|Leaders: State leaders - Colonial governors|
|Category: Establishments - Disestablishments|
| Births - Marriages - Deaths
Events of 1828Edit
January - MarchEdit
- January 4 - France: The Vicomte de Martignac succeeds the Comte de Villèle as Prime Minister of France.
- January 22 - UK: The Duke of Wellington succeeds Lord Goderich as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
April - JuneEdit
- April 11 - Foundation of Bahia Blanca
- May 26 - Feral child: Kaspar Hauser is discovered in Nuremberg, Germany.
- June 23 - Portugal: King Miguel I overthrows his niece Queen Maria II, beginning the Liberal Wars.
July - SeptemberEdit
- August 11 - William Corder is hanged at Bury St. Edmunds, England, for the murder of Maria Marten at the Red Barn a year ago.
- August 27 – South America: Brazil and Argentina recognize the independence of Uruguay.
- September 29 - Russo-Turkish War: Varna is taken by the Russian army.
October - DecemberEdit
- Science: Friedrich Wöhler synthesizes Urea, disproving a cornerstone of vitalism.
- Treaty of Turkmenchay: Russia captures Eastern Armenia from Persia.
- 1828 Siamese-Lao War: Siam invaded and sacked Vientiane.
- Typhoon kills approximately 10,000 in Kyūshū, Japan.
|Gregorian calendar|| 1828 |
|Ab urbe condita||2581|
|Armenian calendar|| 1277 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-16 – -15|
|Coptic calendar||1544 – 1545|
|Ethiopian calendar||1820 – 1821|
|Hebrew calendar||5588 – 5589|
|- Vikram Samvat||1883 – 1884|
|- Shaka Samvat||1750 – 1751|
|- Kali Yuga||4929 – 4930|
|Iranian calendar||1206 – 1207|
|Islamic calendar||1243 – 1244|
|Japanese calendar|| Bunsei
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 2488|
|Thai solar calendar||2371|
January - JuneEdit
- February 8 - Jules Verne, French author (d. 1905)
- March 18 - William Randal Cremer, English politician and pacifist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1908)
- March 20 - Henrik Ibsen, Norwegian playwright (d. 1906)
- May 8 - Jean Henri Dunant, Swiss founder of the Red Cross, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize (d. 1910)
- May 8 - Sharbel Makhluf, Lebanese monk canonized in 1977 by Pope Paul VI (d. 1898)
- May 12 - Dante Gabriel Rossetti, English poet and painter (d. 1882)
July - DecemberEdit
- July 9 - Luigi Oreglia di Santo Stefano, Italian Catholic churchman (d. 1913)
- August 6 - Andrew Taylor Still, father of osteopathy (d. 1917)
- August 17 - Maria Deraismes, French feminist (d. 1894)
- September 8- Joshua Chamberlain, Leader of 20th Maine during the American Civil War, Governor of Maine, President of Bowdoin College in Brunswick
- September 9 (O.S. August 28) - Leo Tolstoy, Russian writer (d. 1910)
- October 20 - Horatio Spafford, author of the hymn "It is Well with my Soul" (d. 1888)
- October 31 - Joseph Swan, English physicist and chemist (d. 1914)
- December 8 - Clinton B. Fisk, American temperance movement leader (d. 1890)
- See also 1828 births.
January - JuneEdit
- January 10 - François de Neufchâteau, French statesman and intellectual figure (b. 1750)
- March 12 - Jack Randall, early boxing champion
- April 16 - Francisco Goya, Spanish painter (b. 1746)
- May 8 - Mauro Giuliani, Italian composer (b. 1781)
- May 16 - William Congreve, British rocket pioneer (b. 1772)
- June 21 - Leandro Fernández de Moratín, dramatist and poet (b. 1760)
July - DecemberEdit
- July 15 - Jean Antoine Houdon, French sculptor (b. 1741)
- July 21 - Charles Manners-Sutton, Archbishop of Canterbury (b. 1755)
- 20 September - George Bethune English, American explorer and writer (b. 1797)
- November 5 - Sophie Marie Dorothea of Württemberg, Empress of Paul I of Russia (b. 1759)
- November 19 - Franz Schubert, Austrian composer (b. 1797)
- December 4 - Robert Jenkinson, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (b. 1770)
- December 22
People of the year 1828 at Familypedia
172 people were born in 1828
79 children were born to the 63 women born in 1828
80 people died in 1828
8204 people lived in 1828
Events of the year 1828 at FamilypediaEdit
112 people were married in 1828.
There were 0 military battles in 1828.
- See also 1828 deaths.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1828. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|