|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 150s 160s 170s - 180s - 190s 200s 210s
|Years:||186 187 188 - 189 - 190 191 192|
|189 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 189 |
|Ab urbe condita||942|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1655 – -1654|
|Coptic calendar||-95 – -94|
|Ethiopian calendar||181 – 182|
|Hebrew calendar||3949 – 3950|
|- Vikram Samvat||244 – 245|
|- Shaka Samvat||111 – 112|
|- Kali Yuga||3290 – 3291|
|Iranian calendar||433 BP – 432 BP|
|Islamic calendar||446 BH – 445 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 849|
|Thai solar calendar||732|
- The Prince of Hongnong succeeds Han Lingdi as Chinese emperor of the Han Dynasty.
- Dong Zhuo has the Prince of Hongnong poisoned and installs Han Xiandi as emperor.
- One general slaughters 2,000 eunuchs in the palace and takes the Han emperor captive.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- Galen publishes his "Treatise on the various temperaments" (aka On the Elements According to Hippocrates).
- Pope Victor I succeeds Pope Eleuterus as the fourteenth pope, the first from Africa.
- Demetrius of Alexandria becomes Patriarch of Alexandria.
- Pantaenus, who was sent by the bishop of Alexandria to India to preach Christianity, meets with little success.
- March 7 — Geta, younger son of the future Roman Emperor Septimius Severus
- Ling Tong — general of the Chinese Kingdom of Wu
- Cao Zhang — Chinese general, son of Cao Cao
- Bao Zhong, slain by Hua Xiong
- Ding Yuan, general of Han Dynasty, killed by his foster son, Lu Bu
- Empress Dowager Dong
- Pope Eleuterus
- He Jin, Han Grand General (assassinated)
- Empress He, Emperor Ling's second wife
- Jian Shuo
- Han Lingdi and the Prince of Hongnong, Chinese emperors of Han Dynasty
- Zhang Chun and Zhang Ju, Chinese rebels
- Zhang Rang, one of the Ten Attendants
- Zhao Zhong
- The Battle of Sishui Pass, between the Imperial forces of Dong Zhuo and the coalition forces commanded by Yuan Shao, takes place in the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 189. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 189 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 189
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 189
0 people died in 189
4 people lived in 189
Events of the year 189 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 189.
There were 0 military battles in 189.