Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Thirteenth United States Census, conducted by the Census Bureau on April 15, 1910, determined the resident population of the United States to be 92,228,496, an increase of 21.0 percent over the 76,212,168 persons enumerated during the 1900 Census. The 1910 Census switched from a portrait page orientation to a landscape orientation.
The 1910 census collected the following information:
- relationship to head of family
- marital status and, if married, number of years of present marriage
- for women, number of children born and number now living
- place of birth and mother tongue of person, and their parents
- if foreign born, year of immigration; whether naturalized; whether able to speak English and, if unable, language spoken
- occupation, industry and class of worker
- if an employee, whether out of work during year
- school attendance
- whether home owned or rented, and, if owned, whether mortgaged
- whether farm or house
- whether a survivor of Union or Confederate Army or Navy
- whether blind, deaf or dumb
Full documentation for the 1910 census, including census forms and enumerator instructions, is available from the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.
Microdata from the 1910 census are freely available through the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series. Aggregate data for small areas, together with electronic boundary files, can be downloaded from the National Historical Geographic Information System.
- ^ "Library Bibliography Bulletin 88, New York State Census Records, 1790-1925". New York State Library. October 1981. pp. 45 (p. 51 of PDF). http://purl.org/net/nysl/nysdocs/9643270.
|This United States government-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the history of the United States is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1910 United States Census. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|