Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||1st century - 2nd century - 3rd century|
|Decades:|| 160s 170s 180s - 190s - 200s 210s 220s
|Years:||190 191 192 - 193 - 194 195 196|
|Gregorian calendar|| 193 |
|Ab urbe condita||946|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1651 – -1650|
|Coptic calendar||-91 – -90|
|Ethiopian calendar||185 – 186|
|Hebrew calendar||3953 – 3954|
|- Vikram Samvat||248 – 249|
|- Shaka Samvat||115 – 116|
|- Kali Yuga||3294 – 3295|
|Iranian calendar||429 BP – 428 BP|
|Islamic calendar||442 BH – 441 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 853|
|Thai solar calendar||736|
- January 1 — Pertinax is proclaimed Roman Emperor.
- Due to a lack of money in the Imperial treasury, Pertinax is forced to suspend the food programs established by Trajan.
- Pertinax is forced to reorganize the handling of finances, which was wrecked under Commodus, and to reestablish discipline in the army. The latter provokes the ire of the Praetorians.
- March 28 — Roman Emperor Pertinax is assassinated by members of the Praetorian Guard, who then sell the throne in an auction to Didius Julianus.
- April 9 — Septimius Severus is proclaimed Roman Emperor by the army in Illyricum (in the Balkans). The Severan dynasty starts.
- Before entering Rome, Severus avenges the death of Pertinax by disarming and sacking the Praetorian guard. Prior to this, the Praetorian guard was staffed with recruits from Italy, from now on it will be staffed by members drawn from the provincial legions.
- June 1 — Roman Emperor Didius Julianus is assassinated in his palace.
- Septimius Severus finally gains control of the Roman Empire, after eliminating Pescennius Niger and Didius Julianus. Clodius Albinus also claims the Empire.
- Counterfeiting workshops begin to appear throughout the Roman Empire.
- This is the year of the Five Emperors.
- March 28 — Roman Emperor Pertinax (assassinated)
- June 1 — Roman Emperor Didius Julianus (assassinated)
- Liu Yu, general of the Han Dynasty
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 193. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 193 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 193
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 193
0 people died in 193
4 people lived in 193
Events of the year 193 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 193.
There were 0 military battles in 193.