Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Seventeenth United States Census, conducted by the Census Bureau, determined the resident population of the United States to be 150,697,361, an increase of 14.5 percent over the 131,669,275 persons enumerated during the 1940 Census.
The 1950 census collected the following information from all respondents:
- whether house is on a farm
- relationship to head of household
- marital status
- if foreign born, whether naturalized
- employment status
- hours worked in week
- occupation, industry and class of worker
In addition, a sample of individuals were asked additional questions covering income, marital history, fertility, and other topics. Full documentation on the 1950 census, including census forms and a procedural history, is available from the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series.
Microdata from the 1950 census are freely available through the Integrated Public Use Microdata Series. Aggregate data for small areas, together with electronic boundary files, can be downloaded from the National Historical Geographic Information System.
- ^ "Population and Area (Historical Censuses)". United States Census Bureau. http://www2.census.gov/prod2/statcomp/documents/1991-02.pdf.
- ^ "Library Bibliography Bulletin 88, New York State Census Records, 1790-1925". New York State Library. October 1981. pp. 45 (p. 51 of PDF). http://purl.org/net/nysl/nysdocs/9643270.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/population/documentation/twps0027/tab18.txt
|This United States government-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the history of the United States is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1950 United States Census. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|