Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| This article or section contains information about scheduled or expected future events.
It may contain tentative information; the content may change as the event approaches and more information becomes available.
|Centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
|Decades:||2040s 2050s 2060s - 2070s - 2080s 2090s 2100s|
|Years:|| 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074|
2075 2076 2077 2078 2079
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
The decade as a wholeEdit
This decade is expected to be called "the twenty-seventies" or the "two thousand seventies", and eventually just "the seventies".
Notable predictions and known eventsEdit
- The full results of the 2000 United States Census will become available for public viewing.
- The Green Wall of China is scheduled to be completed.
- Sedna — In 2076, around May 31, the planetoid 90377 Sedna is expected to reach its perihelion, in other words, reach the closest it can get, orbit-wise, to the Sun. It is expected to reach a distance of 76 AU, or 76 times the distance Earth is from the Sun. Sedna has a highly elliptical orbit, thus it is difficult to locate —at its aphelion, it reaches about 942 AU. This date is subject to adjustment as Sedna's orbit is still being refined.
- Bede computed that the world would end in 2076, extrapolating from Biblical references and the year of Jesus' birth
- The game Forsaken takes place in 2077
- The 4th Edition of Shadowrun takes place in the 2070s.
- The Dexter's Laboratory movie, Ego Trip, has some scenes that take place in 2070.
- In Judge Dredd (in the comic 2000 AD) 2070 was the year President Robert L. Booth started the Atomic Wars. Booth, last president of the United States, was deposed. The following year the Battle of Armageddon took place, leading to the defeat of Booth's forces.
- The events of the anime series Cowboy Bebop take place in 2071. The events of Cowboy Bebop: The Movie takes place during Halloween of that year.
- The computer game System Shock begins on November 6 2072, and the computer game Deus Ex: Invisible War also occurs in this year.
- The movie Equilibrium takes place in 2072.
- The Evil Dexter clone from Dexter's Laboratory as mentioned in the episode "Over Labbing" will destroy Dexter in 2072.
- The back-story to Antihero for Hire lists 2075 as the year Canada invaded the United States with an army of genetically modified dinosaurs.
- The manga and anime series Planetes takes place in the year 2075.
- In Robert A. Heinlein's book The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, the Lunar Declaration of Independence is sent to Earth on July 4, 2076; much of the book takes place in 2076.
- Chou Ninja Tai Inazuma! is set in the year 2076. Its sequel SPARK is set in the following year.
- In the computer game Fallout a nuclear world war takes place in 2077.
- Screamers is a post-apocalyptic science fiction film released in 1995 and set 83 years later in 2078.
- Judge Dredd graduates from the Academy of Law.
- The events that set the book Ender's Game into motion take place in 2070.
- The events of Fallout take place in 2076, on the tricentinial of the United States of America.
- The band Triple Pounder claims to hail from the year 2076.
- ^ "World population to increase by 2.6 billion over next 45 years, with all growth occurring in less developed regions" (Press release). United Nations. February 24, 2005. http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2005/pop918.doc.htm. Retrieved 2006-11-25.
- ^ B.A. Robinson (August 29, 2006). "Predictions that the end of the world will happen after the year 2010". ReligiousTolerance.org. Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance. http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl18.htm. Retrieved 2006-11-25.
- ^ "Judge Dredd's Timeline". Dredd Zone. 2000AD Online. http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=dredd&page=timelines. Retrieved 2006-11-25.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 2070s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|