| This article or section contains information about scheduled or expected future events.
It may contain tentative information; the content may change as the event approaches and more information becomes available.
|Centuries:||20th century - 21st century - 22nd century|
|Decades:||2050s 2060s 2070s - 2080s - 2090s 2100s 2110s|
|Years:|| 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084|
2085 2086 2087 2088 2089
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - Architecture|
Establishments - Disestablishments
The decade as a wholeEdit
This decade is expected to be called "the twenty-eighties" or the "two thousand eighties", or maybe "the eighties".
Notable predictions and known eventsEdit
- All classified information held by the British Government about the Falklands War is to be released to the public.
- October 26 2084 — Lease held by the Pitjantjatjara on Uluru to Australian government set to expire.
- November 10 2084 — Transit of Earth as seen from Mars.
- Philip Kindred Dick's The Crack in Space is set on an overpopulated future Earth circa 2080.
- 2080: In the television series "The Fairly Odd Parents" Timmy Turner dies
- 2081: The year in which Harrison Bergeron by Kurt Vonnegut takes place.
- the XGRA: Extreme-G Racing Association global season tournament is supposed to take place
- According to the storyline of the 1982 video arcade game Robotron: 2084, in 2084 man perfects the Robotrons, a robot species so advanced that man is inferior to his own creation.
- In the X-COM Storyline, the Fourth Alien War (AW-IV) starts in 2084.
- Second American Civil War (2083 to 2086) in Judge Dredd
- The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers and Thunderbirds 2086 are both set in this year, 100 years after their 1986 premieres.
- Claire Fisher, fictional artist in the HBO television series, Six Feet Under, dies in 2085 in Manhattan. She is 101 years old.
- According to the videogame Warzone 2100, in 2085 defensive satellite systems will nuke all the major cities in the world, starting the Collapse.
- The events described by a fictional version of Evel Knievel in the Midnight Brown song 2084. Including things like the TV series "Dog Monkey vs. Monkey Dog" and streets made of syrup.
- The Sci-Fi film Total Recall is set in 2084.
- A TV series called The Secret Show takes place in 2082.
- The Doctor Who story Warriors of the Deep takes place in 2084.
- The movie The Adventures of Pluto Nash takes place in 2087.
- A war in Ayreon's universe is set in 2084, essentially wiping out all mankind and creating a new soul, the new Universal Migrator.
- The first year of the Universal Century, the time line in which the 1979 anime series Mobile Suit Gundam and many of its sequels takes place, coincides with 2081.
- In the eleventh season episode of The Simpsons (Pygmoelian), Bart and Lisa chase Maggie's elephant-shaped balloon into a building. After retrieving the balloon from a group of politicians, the children are handed a bumper sticker that Lisa reads "A Gay President in 2084."
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 2080s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|