Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||21st century BC · 20th century BC · 19th century BC|
|Decades:|| 1990s BC 1980s BC 1970s BC 1960s BC 1950s BC|
1940s BC 1930s BC 1920s BC 1910s BC 1900s BC
|Categories:|| Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- 2000 BC — Arrival of the ancestors of the Latins in Italy.
- 2000 BC — Town of Mantua is presumably founded.
- 2000 BC — Stonehenge is believed to have been completed.
- 2000 BC — Farmers and herders travel south from Ethiopia and settle in Kenya.
- 2000 BC — Horses are tamed and used for transport.
- c. 2000 BC — Decline of Harappan civilization starts.
- c. 2000 BC - Bronze Age starts in north Ancient China.
- 2000–1000 BC — Shang Dynasty in China, Olmec civilization (Mesoamerica).
- 2064–1986 BC — Twin Dynasty wars in Egypt.
- 1991 BC — Egypt: Pharaoh Mentuhotep IV died. End of Eleventh Dynasty. Pharaoh Amenemhat I started to rule. Start of Twelfth Dynasty.
- c. 1985 BC–1795 BC — Rock-cut tombs at Beni Hasan were made. Twelfth Dynasty.
- c. 1985 BC–1795 BC — "Hippopotamus", from the tomb of Senbi (governor) (Tomb B.3) at Meir was made. Twelfth Dynasty. It is now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
- 1953 BC, February 27 - A very close alignment of the naked-eye planets takes place in which these planets are together in a span of 4.3 degrees.
- 1932 BC — Amorite conquest of Ur.
- c. 1928–1895 BC — "Harvest scene", tempera fascimile by Nina de Garis Davies of wall painting in the tomb of Khnumhotep, Beni Hasan. Twelfth Dynasty.
- 1913–1903 BC — Egyptian-Nubian war.
- 1973 BC — Reu, son of Peleg, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1941 BC — Serug, son of Reu, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1911 BC — Nahor, son of Serug, according to the Hebrew Calendar
Inventions, discoveries, introductionsEdit
- 2000 BC — First written accounts of Schizophrenia
- 1950 BC — The copper bar cubit of Nippur defines the Sumerian cubit as 51.72 cm
Decades and yearsEdit
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 20th century BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|